Author Topic: COSTUME SHOP PICS THREAD  (Read 23990 times)

HMAEA

• Administrator
    • http://www.thehma.net
COSTUME SHOP PICS THREAD
« on: August 29, 2007, 05:16:02 PM »
Are you located near a costume shop? If the answer is yes, please post pics of the shop's Mask Section.

Take care,

E.A.

WarLocK

COSTUME SHOP PICS THREAD
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 05:19:12 PM »
Freakin great idea Eric!  I may be heading to Fat Mans Forest in Augusta in Sept. so I'll definately bring my digicam along.  I'd love to see pics from all across the nation.  I know some of you guys have some great connections.

vxx

COSTUME SHOP PICS THREAD
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 05:24:30 PM »
I think its a great idea...I just wished here in the black & misty foothills of the Sierra's where I'm located there were some shops like that....I look forward to seeing some great pics...D

Josh

COSTUME SHOP PICS THREAD
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 05:55:57 PM »
Sounds good to me, but there are no shops like that around here.  Its all Party City and let me tell you they stock the lowest of the low mass produced crapola.  But I am SURE that there are costume shops out there that still have a lot of that late 90's DP stuff that a lot of us have been looking for (i.e. retro line)

WarLocK

COSTUME SHOP PICS THREAD
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 06:10:36 PM »
Quote from: Josh
Sounds good to me, but there are no shops like that around here.  Its all Party City and let me tell you they stock the lowest of the low mass produced crapola.  But I am SURE that there are costume shops out there that still have a lot of that late 90's DP stuff that a lot of us have been looking for (i.e. retro line)

Heck yea!  I'm hoping Fat Mans has some of the 90s DPs this year.  I know they had about 3 last year - mummy, ghoul, and carlisle.  I'll let you guys know if I get lucky this time.

maskmaniac

• http://www.myspace.com/maskworks
COSTUME SHOP PICS THREAD
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2007, 06:13:03 PM »
That sounds cool

Warlock I live about 10 min from Fatmans I could save you a trip ...

WarLocK

COSTUME SHOP PICS THREAD
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2007, 06:15:11 PM »
Are you in Augusta?  Sweet... go by if you can and let me know if they have anything worthy this year.  When I was growing up I'd go there every year and they had all top notch masks.  They've slipped a little (as most mom and pop shops have) but its still a blast to go there and get some boiled peanuts and walk around.  I used to love the Fat Man's Forest of Frights back in the early 90s... but they tore it down I think.  Ah, the good ol days.

maskmaniac

COSTUME SHOP PICS THREAD
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2007, 06:21:28 PM »
Sure thing maybe they will let me take some pics..

I love to go there year round they also still do the little walk threw haunted house it scares the creeps out of my kids LOL

I live in North Augusta right on the S.C. line

kolchak

COSTUME SHOP PICS THREAD
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2007, 08:02:25 PM »
great idea!

HMAEA

• Administrator
WHOA!
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2007, 08:32:13 PM »
NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! GREAT JOB KOLCHAK!!!!!! That is one fine looking DU Krem in that first picture! Thanks so much man!

Take care,

E.A.

maskmaniac

COSTUME SHOP PICS THREAD
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2007, 09:47:41 PM »
Warlock went to fatmans today not a one DP ....  : (

The Maskahuna

COSTUME SHOP PICS THREAD
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2007, 11:50:49 AM »
HMAEA, not only do I love your idea...
I would enjoy seeing pics of any masks
on display, recent or otherwise; be they
in stores ~

or public exhibitions ~

GeorgeL

COSTUME SHOP PICS THREAD
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2007, 12:52:31 PM »
If you know the owner of the tent I'll offer him 10k for the contents.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

HMAEA

• Administrator
Very nice!
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2007, 01:13:16 PM »
Fantastic pics as usual, Huna! I love the pic with all of the reissues lining the wall. Sadly, all of the great costume shops of my youth are now gone from this area. Our town seems to only want to support the likes of Walmart and Spencer Gifts :( . When I was a kid, every year around this time I'd have my Father drive me downtown to the local tuxedo shop. During this time of year the shop would transform itself into a veritable mask heaven! This was the store that introduced me to Don Post, Distortions, Be Something Studios, and many more. They always had great window displays, complete with Dracula, Frankenstein, and other ghosts and ghoulies. One of the mainstays of their window display was their Dracula, complete with coffin. The mask used on the Dracula figure was none other than Don Post's version of Christopher Lee! To make a long story short, over the years I must have stared at that mask for hours. On one crisp, October saturday my Father took me to the shop and shelled out $60.00, so that I could finally bring the mask home with me. Unfortunately, the mask is no longer with us, as it was used in my annual, yard display every year. Even though I no longer have the mask, I'll never forget the excitement of going to the costume shop with my pops, and buying Dracula! So, looking at pictures of costume shops. etc., brings back great memories of October's past.

Take care,

E.A.

GeorgeL

COSTUME SHOP PICS THREAD
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2007, 02:51:00 PM »
cool story EA.

I remember going to Disney when I was a kid and always wanting all those masks in the magic/novelty shop on main street. I wish I could go back in time...