Author Topic: COSTUME SHOP PICS THREAD  (Read 24001 times)

Mystico

Re: Costume Shop Pics!
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2009, 10:12:44 AM »
I think the first picture in Maskahuna's shots is Hollywood Magic (which last time I was there still had some DP reissues).

2macabre

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2009, 11:13:50 AM »
That is Hollywood Magic. They have a lot of the Don Post Re-issue masks. I worked at Hollywood Magic in the Orange County location for years, and I used to go up to the Hollywood Blvd. store (pictured in that post) to stock our mask shelves. There was an entire room upstairs with boxes and boxes of old masks that had been sitting there since the late 70s. It was like a gold mine for mask collectors. I eventually went through all the boxes and took most of the stock down to my store. I had the BEST mask selection that Halloween. I'll have to dig around for the pictures.

2macabre

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2009, 07:23:08 AM »
Some pix from my store

HMAEA

• Administrator
    • http://www.thehma.net
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2009, 08:00:01 AM »
Fantastic pics, 2Macabre!!! I don't know what it is, but there's nothing like seeing a great mask setup at a costume shop! Thanks so much for sharing these with us.

E.A.

2macabre

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2009, 11:34:58 PM »
No problem. It's cool that there's a place to post these, where people can appreciate what it is.

Those pix are really recent though. I have some great old mask display pics from Hollywood Magic and my grandparent's store that I'll scan and post. They're from the late seventies, early eighties, mid nineties. Lots of cool masks in those shots.

Josh

« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2009, 03:00:59 PM »
Defiantly post the old stuff, I'd love to see those.

SideshowFreak

Re: COSTUME SHOP PICS THREAD
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2009, 09:08:06 PM »
Well I stopped at Frazetta's costume shop in East Stroudsburg, PA today to check it out for my first time. I have to say that it was pretty nice and the prices are fairly reasonable on most everything. I was hoping that they had more masks though.

I asked the woman working if i could grab some pics but she said it would be better to wait until i could ask the owner. unfortunately he was not there so i had to sneak a few.

Hey I drove over an hour so i was gonna get a few pics for all of you.

-Jared

"I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass, and I\'m all out of bubble gum"  R. R. Pipper

Favorites of my collection

HMAEA

• Administrator
    • http://www.thehma.net
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2009, 09:25:26 PM »
Awesome pics, dude!!!! There's nothing better than a good ole Costume Shop! I don't know why, but that Tor mask is callin' my name?! Thanks so much for sharing these with us.

E.A.

The Ghost of 10/31

« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2009, 05:00:28 PM »
wicked shop pics :o .we don't see these often enough

EYES

« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2009, 04:41:17 PM »
Hello Gang, Here are some quick pics  at, Fantasy Costumes in Chicago.... this place is Huge.....
Sorry for the quality pics, I use my cell cam...
I was afraid they were going to tell me no pics allowed so took them quick, i missed  more masks. I'm planning to go next week again...:)  :oops:  :oops:  :oops: ... :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Enjoy.........

Carlos

Toy Ranch

« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2009, 10:56:27 AM »
These are from one of the seasonal Halloween places that pop up.

This Freddy mask gave me a chuckle.  It's kinda cool in it's own way...

michealcovert1

Re:
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2009, 03:10:39 PM »
Quote from: Jakeelliott
This is my local costume shop. As a kid, I used to sneak out of my house and ride my bike down to this shop to see all the monsters and ghouls. I took these pics on my phone so sorry for the quality.

what is the name of that jester mask in the first picture beside the liar mask? i see $29.99 but cant pick out the name can you tell me?! thanks :D

Toy Ranch

« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2009, 12:06:56 AM »

Toy Ranch

« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2009, 12:09:50 AM »
The first two are cheap and very thin, but cool sculpts, I thought.  The post is a terrible sculpt wrapped in webbing and is a cool mask!

Toy Ranch

« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2009, 12:12:26 AM »