Author Topic: AMAZING FIGURE MONSTER MODEL CONTEST AT PALOOZA!!  (Read 1984 times)

BROD101

• http://www.rubberroom101.com/Images/logo.gif
AMAZING FIGURE MONSTER MODEL CONTEST AT PALOOZA!!
« on: March 14, 2009, 08:06:34 PM »
DETAILS COMING SOON

JBL-FX

Re: AMAZING FIGURE MONSTER MODEL CONTEST AT PALOOZA!!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 08:39:49 PM »
I cant find that info on their website.
You want some of this?????

BROD101

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 11:12:39 PM »
DETAILS ARE COMING SOON

BUT!

FOR IMMEDIATE DETAILS CONTACT

afmonline(*at*)amazingmodeler.com

SUBJECT LINE - AMAZING TERRY!

JBL-FX

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 11:37:47 PM »
OK, thanks.
You want some of this?????

monstercloset

• http://www.monstercloset.com
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 09:49:14 PM »
Great addition to the show!
Make Your Own Scratch Built Corpse DVD
Available at www.MONSTERCLOSET.com

BROD101

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 10:51:33 PM »
AFM’s Monster Maker Model Contest Official Rules

Looking to enter AFM’s Monster Maker Model Contest, then here’s what you need to know. This is a one-day modeling event that’ll take place at the “Monsterpalooza” show, to be held May 29th – 31st 2009 at the Burbank Airport Marriott Hotel and Convention Center in Burbank, Ca. The actual contest will be on Saturday, May 30th from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Registration begins at 10:00 a.m. and ends at 3:00 p.m. Judging will take place shortly thereafter with the winners announced at 4:00 p.m. All modelers are subject to a $5.00 entrance fee for the first kit entered, with additional entries costing a dollar per kit. Due to space restrictions, there is a maximum of five model entries per modeler.

If you have any other questions regarding the contest or its rules, please contact Terry J. Webb, at: terryjwebb61(*at*)gmail.com

Contest Rules

1. Before placing their kits, all modelers must complete an entry form for each kit entered in the competition.
2. All entries must be built and painted by the modeler entering the contest.
3. All models and bases must not exceed a 2’ x 2’ size limitation.
4. All models must be applicable to the contest category selected.
5. Once entered, all models must stay on display for the length of the contest. Early removal of any model will automatically disqualify the entrant.
6. All models must be picked up no later than 5 p.m. on Saturday.
7. The decision of the judges is final on all issues pertaining to the outcome of the contest.

Categories
Six horror-themed categories are slated for AFM’s Monster Maker Model Contest and they include: Silent Horror (i.e. Phantom of the Opera/Nosferatu), Classic Horror (i.e. Frankenstein’s Monster/Creature from the Black Lagoon), Modern Horror (i.e. Freddy, Jason, Michael Myers), Fantasy (i.e. Harryhausen/King Kong), Original Horror (i.e. original themed kits) and Sci-fi Horror (i.e. Predator/Alien).

Awards
First, Second & Third place awards will be given away in each category, with each winner receiving a model prize award for their efforts.

Security
AFM’s Monster Maker Model contest will be held in the Sunset Room A, an enclosed space located in the east wing of the Marriott Convention Center. Staff Members of Amazing Figure Modeler magazine will be on hand at all times to watch over the models. However, Amazing Figure Modeler magazine and the Rubber Room assumes no liability for models lost, stolen or broken.

So come one come all, gather up your monster kits and come to Monsterpalooza to enter AFM’s Monster Maker Model Contest; it’s guaranteed to bring out your inner Frankenstein!