Author Topic: Having a blast at Maskfest!  (Read 900 times)

John Denley

• http://www.paranormalheadquarters.com
Having a blast at Maskfest!
« on: March 27, 2010, 03:24:37 PM »
Went to Daniel Horne's sculpting demo and bought some of his masks. This guy is as nice as they come and his advice on sculpting was a major high-point of the convention to me. I got to meet Tom Keubler and found him to be very generous and down to earth. I got a great wolf from the very talented Jeremy Bohr and talked with Monty Ward as well. I am so glad I went, I also got to talk to Jeff Wehenkel  as we haven't seen each other in years. So much talent in one place. It was nice to put faces to the names..
Professor Nightmare is on the prowl for collector\'s masks and props!

Lurker

Re: Having a blast at Maskfest!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 07:59:51 PM »
John that werewolf was incredible and Mr. Savini bought another of Jeremy's pieces....as I learned $ talks and Bull$crap walks as I was too late to buy the same piece Tom bought lol.  Tom offered up those sage words to me...lol at least I was beat by one of the best in the biz.  Gillman found a home...just another great piece.  The show is great and I will post some photos of my pickups tomorrow and the artists were great.  Special thanks to Jeff Wehenkel for the Picadilly puppet that is coming home with me also to Tom Kuebler, Pete Infelise, Darkside Paul (the whole darkside family), Murphdog, for being so kind as to let me give them my money. (Obviously I am not leaving empty handed...little concerned about airport security tomorrow..lol)  Everyone of these artists are great to talk to and are really good people.  Again thanks to Eric and TheHMA for such a great show.  Anyone thinking about catching this show next year, it is highly recommended and the costume party hasn't even happened yet!