Author Topic: Note to Everyone: WOW.  (Read 1180 times)

DRLADY

• http://www.drladysunnecessarilylongtitledwebsite.com
Note to Everyone: WOW.
« on: March 29, 2010, 07:35:31 PM »
Holy jumping Jess Franco on a tricycle, gang...

I've been to an awful lot of conventions (and a lot of awful conventions) in my day, but MASK-FEST 2010 is the unquestioned winner in terms of the sheer number of incredibly cool and fun people in attendance!

I'm functioning on about three-&-a-half hours' sleep, so forgive me if this post appears more incoherent than usual, but I had to say, and I mean this in the strictest post-modern literal sense of the term, WOW.

Never before have I seen so many wonderfully witty, weird and talented human beings gathered under one ozone layer.
The opportunity to visit and trade wisecraqcks with the likes of Don Post, Dan Roebuck, Paul Clemens, Bill Malone, Daniel Horne, Chris Russell, Jeremy Bohr, Justin Mabry, Sam McCain, Lee Lambert, Billy Simons, Monte Ward, Bill Hayes, Pat Magee, Dan Thompson, Stephen Collins, Matt Guether, Caleb Oglesby, Johnny Chaos, Penny Dreadful and Garou, and SO-O-O-O many more all in one weekend is simply indescribable.  The sheer volume of fang-tastic friends, in terms of both quantity and decibels, was mind boggling.

I'm so glad I and my party of thirteen who traveled there with me (yup, it really was 13) made the trek to Indianapolis for this whacked-out weekend.

I just wish it had lasted for a week instead of only three days!  There wasn't nearly enough time to visit with everyone and see all the latex goodies on display.

My sincere THANK YOUS to every-body who showed up and helped to make this the monster fan convention to beat!

More details to follow, if I continue breathing. THANKS AGAIN to one and all!!
 :D

ghastlyjeff

Re: Note to Everyone: WOW.
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 07:55:12 PM »
It was great to see you and Laura and Carol again, I've missed going to your house and visiting.  It's your turn to come to my place next...

John Denley

• http://www.paranormalheadquarters.com
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 10:56:37 AM »
Dave your DVD was great!!! Thanks for including some of my own ghoulish creations from the past!...and Jeff...it felt like ol' times great to hang with you my friend.
                  "Sin"cerely,
                      JD
Professor Nightmare is on the prowl for collector\'s masks and props!

lblambert

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 06:32:12 PM »
It was great meeting you as well. Congratulations once again on your well deserved tribute award!

Johnny Chaos

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 08:28:56 PM »
Great to meet you too!! I am glad my booth was close enough to share in all the high jinx!!
Had alot of fun!! Been checking out some of your videos truely a riot!!