Author Topic: TREASURES OF MASK-FEST (if you could afford 'em?)  (Read 1200 times)

DRLADY

• http://www.drladysunnecessarilylongtitledwebsite.com
TREASURES OF MASK-FEST (if you could afford 'em?)
« on: April 11, 2010, 11:50:34 PM »
Heeeyyyyyyyy, Kids~

Here's a topic EA and I were discussing the other day.

Just wondering which masks everyone would most have liked to take home with them from the HMA's recent MASK-FEST.  
If I were a rich corpse, I think my Top Ten pieces I would have come away with would have been:

THRILLER CAT by Pat Magee FX

GOAT DEMON by Pat Magee FX (although I don't think this one was actually for sale.)

DELUXE TIME TRAVELER RESURRECTION by Jordu Schell/ Distortions

DELUXE KREM RESURRECTION by Jordu Schell/ Distortions  (yes, those masks were with my stuff, but they weren't mine.  I was just tending them for Ed Edmunds of Distortions.)

SHOCK MONSTER by Justin Mabry (with those gorgeous matching Topstone monster hands!)

DR. FREUDSTEIN by Justin Mabry (yes, I did a version of my own, but that character has two slightly different "looks" in different scenes of the film, and Justin's looks like the other one!

BELA LUGOSI AS DRACULA by Dan Thompson (if it ever becomes available in latex, that is!  The one I saw was either resin or silicone, I forget which.  But the sculpture was undeniably a masterpiece.)

CHUD by Justin Mabry

RETRO-STYLE DRACULA by Sam McCain

H2 BLOODY MICHAEL MYERS by either Sam McCain or The Prop Shop  (both their versions looked great.)

STAY PUFT MARSHMALLOW MAN by Chris Russell

PILE-OF-EYEBALLS HEAD by Safari Anomalous

Hey wait. I said top ten, and that was already more than ten.  Better stop now.
So what were your most coveted masks from the show?

kklloo

Re: TREASURES OF MASK-FEST (if you could afford 'em?)
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 08:55:56 AM »
There was so much to look at and buy, hard to narrow it down..........
If I was into collecting AWIL pcs I would have purchased Pat Magee's Wolf Head and Jack piece.
Daniel Horne's entire table.....oh wait, I did. LOL
Monte's Killer Klown Lifesize pc
Thomas Kuebler's entire collection

Sal