Author Topic: Look what followed me home from Mask-Fest!  (Read 2027 times)

DRLADY

• http://www.drladysunnecessarilylongtitledwebsite.com
Look what followed me home from Mask-Fest!
« on: September 12, 2012, 11:49:05 PM »
Try as one might, it just isn't possible to come home from a MASK-FEST without a monster-- or a bunch of monsters-- stowed in the trunk of one's car!
Here are some beautiful bodacious beasties that have just joined my mask family courtesy of MASK-FEST 2012~~~~~

Justin Mabry's gorgeous green ZOMBIE.  
I had been coveting this since I first saw it at last year's Mask-Fest.  Not only is the sculpting on the cracks and veins extraordinarily well done, but the casting is so thick, it's like a DR LADY pour!  

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10281[/ATTACH]

Sam McCain's amazing "Jason Goes To Hell" latex hood with a resin hockey mask with leather straps. A deluxe edition that's so cool, it looks as if it came stomping right off the movie screen!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10282[/ATTACH]

Also from Sam's Horror Sanctum, this fabulous "Part 6" stunt mask replica.  He even has black mesh fabric glued in behind the nose and mouth openings.  I love this thing!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10283[/ATTACH]

Also scored this bizarre purple werewolf (yes, I said purple) from Chaotic Creations.  I have no idea what inspired him to do a purple werewolf, but it's so crazy that its audacity really appealed to me.  Nice thick casting too!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10284[/ATTACH]

Another Chaotic Creation is this retro style Skull, which I liked for its rough-and-tumble, extra- "boney" look and old school smudgy paint job.  This would be a great one to use as a prop skull on a haunted house set.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10285[/ATTACH]

This gorgeous gory ghoul-girl is "Number Nine", the baseball zombie from "Land Of The Dead".  Beautiful paint work on the skin and eyes makes this another home run horror hit for the always amazing DarkSide Paul!  (Major-league sculpt by Jeff Wehenkel.)   She'd be kind of hot if not for the rot.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10286[/ATTACH]

Another Chaotic Creations creep is "Victor", a blue-faced ghoul with high-gloss green peepers...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10287[/ATTACH]

This charming chap is "Decayed", one of many winners from the 2012 Trick Or Treat Studios line.  This one was sculpted by our good buddy Pete Infelise.  Intricately detailed, this guy ranks as one of the year's coolest all-purpose corpses, in my opinion...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10288[/ATTACH]

Another great Horror Sanctum Studio creation is this fine reproduction of "The Brute", the mask worn by Michael Myers while he's driving the car in H5....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10289[/ATTACH]

Then we have the Shadow Hill Demon from Trick Or Treat.  This beast was sculpted about a million years ago by legendary Don Post Studios mask designer Bill Malone but has never been officially released to the public until now!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10290[/ATTACH]

And now I'm curious, friends... what masks followed YOU home from this year's show?  Please share pics when you can!

« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 11:51:27 PM by DRLADY »

scott967

• http://www.austinhobby.com
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 12:38:10 AM »
The pressure was too much and this is what I bought. I'm getting the half bust not the full bust. Just to unbelievable to pass up!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]10291[/ATTACH]
I never drink vine...

scott967

• http://www.austinhobby.com
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 12:44:07 AM »
Here's the half body.[ATTACH=CONFIG]10292[/ATTACH]
I never drink vine...

Pete-I

• http://www.devils-workshop.com
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 03:36:47 PM »
That's quite the haul David! Nothing quite like bringing back a trunk full of masks from Maskfest :)

sickphyschotic

• Mattingly's Monsters
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 05:45:24 PM »
[ATTACH=CONFIG]10307[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10308[/ATTACH]I love this mask. the paintjob and sculpting are both great only problem is, I cant remember who made it :cry:

DRLADY

• http://www.drladysunnecessarilylongtitledwebsite.com
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 06:21:59 PM »
I'm pretty sure (well, OK, I'm not "pretty", I'm just "sure") Stephen Collins made that one.  I don't know its name though!

sickphyschotic

• Mattingly's Monsters
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2012, 08:21:24 PM »
Quote from: DRLADY;293838
I'm pretty sure (well, OK, I'm not "pretty", I'm just "sure") Stephen Collins made that one.  I don't know its name though!
yup thats the guy!!