Author Topic: First mask-fest 2013 guests revealed!!!  (Read 2640 times)

HMAEA

• Administrator
    • http://www.thehma.net
First mask-fest 2013 guests revealed!!!
« on: March 28, 2013, 08:11:39 AM »
MASK-FEST 2013
(HORRORHOUND WEEKEND)
Indianapolis, IN / September 6-8
http://www.maskfest.com

Our first special guests for Mask-Fest 2013 will delight all of you Distortions Unlimited & Making Monster Fans! Travel Channel's "Making Monsters" will be taping at the show this year, along with Ed & Marsha Edmunds and Jordu Schell!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11833[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11834[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11835[/ATTACH]

While we are very excited to be able to announce these first guest for Mask-Fest, please know that we are still working on populating the Mask-Fest site with additional artists and guests!!!

If you are planning to attend this year's show, we URGE you to reserve your room at the show hotel or any of the nearby hotels, ASAP!!! The hotels are already selling out and once rooms are gone, they're gone!

If you are a vendor planning on attending the show, we URGE you to contact maskfest(*at*)hotmail.com ASAP to reserve your table/s. Coming off this past weekend's HorrorHound Weekend, vendor tables and spots will become VERY LIMITED within the next few weeks.

Keep an eye out for more exciting Mask-Fest 2013 news!!!

E.A.

DRLADY

• http://www.drladysunnecessarilylongtitledwebsite.com
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 10:04:48 AM »
Fang-freaking-tastic! :!:

Two things: The convention hotel is already sold out.  No, really.  They are booked even before the website goes live!  You might, however, still be able to book a room there at full price (that is, sans convention discount), but my recommendation is that you do it NOW!

Secondly: Eric-- "FIST"?!  :arrow:

DRLADY

• http://www.drladysunnecessarilylongtitledwebsite.com
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 10:06:44 AM »
And one more thing: Distortions is also contributing a very special prize for the Costume Contest, so humans should start planning their scare wear now!

sickphyschotic

• Mattingly's Monsters
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 05:09:53 PM »
Oh this is just too cool. I can't even tell you guys how excited I am for this year's MF!

lblambert

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 10:19:14 PM »
This will be great! It was a bummer last year when Ed had to cancel his MF appearance so it'll be great to meet him. As an added bonus, I can taunt Jordu on camera with my Edmunds Shining mask! LOL

Glad I reserved my room when I did.

Kirk BK Magnum

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 03:02:36 PM »
I just made my reservations...the Horrorhound Block is full.  It's $189 outside the block.  Ouch!!!  Looks like only 1 night for me.

murphdog

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2013, 07:45:04 PM »
Kirk- try the fairfield inn next door. We stayed there last year a lot cheaper than that. I thought it was 99 bucks. Not sure though. It shares the same parking lot and the rooms are nice.

sickphyschotic

• Mattingly's Monsters
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2013, 10:28:49 PM »
Or the La Quinta. I stayed there last year, and I got a room there this year. Its very close to the convention Hotel.

Kirk BK Magnum

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 12:59:34 AM »
I'm trying to stay inside the main hotel.  Thanks for the help you 2...:)   With Steve Miner there, I'm in like flyn.

mgl0837

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2013, 01:11:13 PM »
I was told a few days ago that we booked the last 2 available rooms.  I am not 100% certain if that is entirely true or we are going.  If not, I will post it up to let someone have them.  They are in the convention hotel.

HMAEA

• Administrator
    • http://www.thehma.net
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2013, 12:07:30 PM »
Hey Gang,

While it looks like the show hotel has indeed sold out for now, there are MANY nice hotels that are within easy walking distance to the show that are very affordable!

Please follow this link for other hotel choices -
http://www.horrorhoundweekend.com/shows/201309/maskfest/hotel.shtml

I urge both patrons and vendors alike to go ahead and get your rooms while you still can! Once Mask-Fest & HorrorHound Weekend are done announcing all guests, it be become very difficult to find a nearby hotel.

Thanks and take care,

E.A.

scott967

• http://www.austinhobby.com
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2013, 05:53:43 PM »
Well I may have some free tickets for all three days. I bought my tickets but unless the airlines lower their prices I doubt I want to spend $395.00 for airline tickets. When you add in the hotel costs and car service from airport to the show and back again, I'd have to spend $1000 just to get and stay there. Plus then money for buying masks and autographs. So if the airfair doesnt go down and I cancel I'll be able to mail someone my tickets I printed out. I hate the airlines. They raise their prices but certainly dont do anything about all their delays.
I never drink vine...

Chainsaw

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2013, 01:21:30 AM »
Scott... really?! You of all people are worried about 400 bucks for a plane ticket? With all due respect man, you simply can't want to attend the show very much at all if you're considering staying home over a $400 airfare. Hell, I'm flying in from eastern Canada and I guarantee it's a lot more than $400. You have to think of it like this... a convention of this nature is a once per year thing, so the price of a flight should be well worth the experience. I hope you reconsider.... I wouldn't want you to regret your decision once people start posting photos from the show! Go for it!
Feed My Illusion

lblambert

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2013, 01:51:39 AM »
Well put Jason. It costs you and I a hell of a lot more than $400 to attend but it's worth it.

raycastile

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2013, 07:08:17 PM »
If I had to fly, I probably wouldn't go. I can't drop a grand to attend a convention. Between airfare, hotel and other expenses, it can easily cost a grand or more. Some people can afford that with no problem. Some people can afford to spend thousands on a mask or a bust with no problem. I don't know who Scott is or how much money he makes, but if he says he can't afford $400 for airfare, that sounds perfectly reasonable. Neither can I. Luckily, I can drive to Indianapolis in less than five hours, and do it on one tank of gas in my Beetle, so I won't have to worry about airfare.