Author Topic: First mask-fest 2013 guests revealed!!!  (Read 2641 times)

kklloo

First mask-fest 2013 guests revealed!!!
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2013, 10:35:16 PM »
I agree. It's why I didn't go to Monsterpalooza. I rather use the money on a piece than waste it on airfare, hotel and car rental. I'm not into autographs. Just want to buy a couple of pieces. You can do that online without going to a con. I had fun at maskfest though, but the horror hound convention is a bore for me. Not too many vintage items for me to buy or look at.

Sal

Klung1

• Global Moderator
    • http://www.klung1.com
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2013, 04:12:55 PM »
I usually go to the shows for a chance to hang out with friends I rarely seen face to face. Buying stuff is cool, but it's more about the people for me.
They're dead. They're all messed up.
NOTLD '68

Pete-I

• http://www.devils-workshop.com
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2013, 05:40:48 PM »
Is that $400 total, or one way? 2-hundo each way seems super reasonable for any airplane fare.

I'm lucky, like Raymond and can drive to Maskfest, but when I fly out to Monsterpalooza it always costs between $500-600. As much as it sucks to throw down that kind of cash to get out there, as soon as I'm hanging out with friends, I'm always reminded that it's well worth it!

lblambert

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2013, 09:36:21 PM »
I guess it really comes down to personal preference and what each one of us takes from this hobby. Flying from western Canada, it costs me over $2000 between airfare and my room so if I looked at this hobby as nothing more than accumulating stuff, it would make sense to spend that money on a new piece or two. However, I see it more like Caleb does. To me, the hobby is more about the friendships formed and the people involved. I find it well worth every penny to spend time with friends I only get to see once or twice a year.

raycastile

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2013, 02:35:06 AM »
The only reason I go to conventions (when I'm not doing a display) is to see friends. The celeb guests and the dealer booths and the photo ops and discussion panels hold no allure for me. It's all just a backdrop to hang out with a handful of friends.