Author Topic: Editing classified posts/ Reading PM's  (Read 1799 times)

MONSTERLUVER

Editing classified posts/ Reading PM's
« on: November 20, 2013, 07:46:24 PM »
Hi,

I am having trouble with my PM's !!!! I have had 2 messages in my inbox, and both times I went to read them ...there is nothing there !!!?????

Also .....I would like to know how to edit my classifieds post, I have sold an item since I listed it !!! Unless I am missing something....there is no way to edit it !!!

If anyone can help....I would appreciate it !!!!
"I Don't Know, If It's a Demon Or a Devil ...Or Just Some Hungry Thing From Some Dark Place In Time" !

stretchbaldy

Re: Editing classified posts/ Reading PM's
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 07:31:15 PM »
I am having the same issues... no way to edit my posts..... I have to edit a classified post because I want to add information and I do not want to reply to the thread as then I would be breaking a law!  No thread bumping within a week.  Not sure what to do here.. I may need to break the law unless we get a reply on how to edit a post.

Thanks!

-G

HMAEA

• Administrator
    • http://www.thehma.net
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 12:41:56 AM »
Thanks for alerting us to these issues. We will be looking into each issue that has been addressed on this forum, this week. We're still better than healthcare.gov .

E.A.

The General

• Administrator
  • Play nice!
    • Universal Monster Army
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 12:47:58 PM »
The problem has been identified and is being discussed with Eric. It is a setting that has been changed rather than a "problem." In the meantime, please feel free to reply to your thread (bump) until the situation has been resolved.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
The Famous Monster of Mpls.

The General

• Administrator
  • Play nice!
    • Universal Monster Army
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 06:09:36 PM »
The HMA allows members to edit their own posts for up to 24 hours - after that, you can no longer edit your original post. Of course, you may always reply to it and update and edit as needed, but you will not be able to edit or delete the original post after the 24 hour time limit. This was done as a preventative measure against disgruntled members ruining the continuity of a thread. Meaning that a member could create a thread about a certain subject after which discussion takes place, and then the member gets hacked off about something and goes back and removes (or edits) all of the original post content thereby making the rest of the thread incomprehensible and irrelevant.

HOWEVER .. we recognize the need to edit and delete posts made at the Classifieds section upon selling an item in which case the post is no longer relevant. Therefore, that permission has now been granted at the Classifieds forum. Please be warned however, that scrupulous individuals may utilize this permission for their mischievous deeds. As always - buyer beware! 

DISCLAIMER - The HMA, its owners, and moderators are not responsible for any transaction on this site, other than those in which they are individually involved as a buyer, seller, or trader.  Transactions are solely the responsibility of the parties directly involved as buyers, sellers, or traders.  This is only a venue.  We reserve the right to remove posts without explanation.   
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 06:13:22 PM by The General »

number2

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 09:53:11 PM »
yeah thats weird..when hma came back online edit feature was there,now its not

and a test pic,havent tried the pic thing yet

HMAEA

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2013, 11:23:57 PM »
Cool test pic ;) !

E.A.

The General

• Administrator
  • Play nice!
    • Universal Monster Army
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2013, 11:25:23 PM »
yeah thats weird..when hma came back online edit feature was there,now its not

Yeah, it was, but then it was changed. Please read my earlier post.

MONSTERLUVER

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2013, 05:15:24 PM »
Just now noticed the replies ..as I was not notified !!!! Thanks to everyone for following up on this...appreciate it !!! You da man Eric !!!  ;D
"I Don't Know, If It's a Demon Or a Devil ...Or Just Some Hungry Thing From Some Dark Place In Time" !

HMAEA

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2013, 08:36:26 PM »
The General is THE MAN, but I still appreciate it ;) . The Gen has been working hard to bring back the HMA forums for their former glory!

E.A.

MONSTERLUVER

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2013, 07:42:46 PM »
Ahh I see...well kudos to you then General !!!!  :) Thanks !!!!