Author Topic: Don-Con - Nov 2015  (Read 1982 times)

renders

Don-Con - Nov 2015
« on: October 08, 2015, 12:13:07 AM »
Hello ghouls and gals,

Is there anyone here at the good HMA that will be attending Don-Con?

Our own Eric Austin, Dr Shocker, Casey Love, Lee Lambert is set to be there. Seems like it could be a once in a lifetime event if this is its only run!

Speaking with Casey he will have a mask table with some cool surprises that may be exciting for any Don Post fan...

gracebuster

Re: Don-Con - Nov 2015
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 10:54:52 PM »
Please come, people. SO many surprises in store. I promise there will NEVER be another event like it.

DRLADY

• http://www.drladysunnecessarilylongtitledwebsite.com
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 11:30:04 PM »
Attendees of Don-Con should keep a bloodshot eye peeled for a special very limited edition piece with some pretty amazing custom hand-blended hair work by Laura Lady! ;)

Doh!

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 02:58:41 AM »
Is it Saturday yet... ?
"You're dead, son.  Get yourself buried."
--J.J. Hunsecker

Gory Glenn

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2015, 11:03:33 AM »
Attendees of Don-Con should keep a bloodshot eye peeled for a special very limited edition piece with some pretty amazing custom hand-blended hair work by Laura Lady! ;)

Will do.  :)

Is it Saturday yet... ?

Tomorrow it is!  ;D Looking forward to it!

Doh!

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2015, 03:01:24 AM »
Well I, for one, had a blast!  I only attended the Saturday event but it was a pretty jam-packed day.  Daniel was a swell host, and I got to meet a couple of HMA members:  Gory Glenn and Ed (don't recall his handle here).  Great guys, one and all.

Loved seeing the vintage masks on display, especially being able to see the original Post Frankenstein.  I'm shocked that the mask is still around but luckily for us, it is.  Must be magic!

If you guys can get your hands on the new edition of the book, I highly recommend it.  I went for the deluxe latex slipcover, and 'tis a thing of beauty.  I was also able to pick up a Frank mask from Glenn, and a couple of Trick or Treat Studios masks (Phantom, EC Comics zombie).  One of the Con exclusives was a Glenn Strange Frank finger puppet.  It was a chore to restrain myself from buying more...

So glad I attended!

My swag:

"You're dead, son.  Get yourself buried."
--J.J. Hunsecker

Gory Glenn

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2015, 12:19:08 PM »
It was great meeting you as well Doh! That's what I call a pirates booty, nice haul!  :) I can't say enough about how great Don-Con was. The experience of a lifetime for a mask fan! I went both days and am exhausted today from coming off the natural high that 2 days of Don-Con put me on! I met so many wonderful people there, the sense of community was overwhelming! It was nice to finally meet Maskahuna as well as the Tharps who are incredibly warm and wonderful people. I made a nice score over the weekend that I'll do a post on sometime this week. Thanks to everyone there, especially Gracebuster, for making it a weekend I'll never forget!  :)

Mask Guy

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2015, 07:00:56 PM »
I too had a FANTASTIC time! I couldn't have dreamed up a better con! Great to see old friends again too! Thanks again so much Dan & Co. for putting this on!

maniac cop 5

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2015, 01:03:43 PM »
It was great meeting you as well Doh! That's what I call a pirates booty, nice haul!  :) I can't say enough about how great Don-Con was. The experience of a lifetime for a mask fan! I went both days and am exhausted today from coming off the natural high that 2 days of Don-Con put me on! I met so many wonderful people there, the sense of community was overwhelming! It was nice to finally meet Maskahuna as well as the Tharps who are incredibly warm and wonderful people. I made a nice score over the weekend that I'll do a post on sometime this week. Thanks to everyone there, especially Gracebuster, for making it a weekend I'll never forget!  :)
Amen Gory! Gracebuster exceeded all expectations with this event!
Was so nice to meet you and shake your hand finally! You're a true monster kid!

maniac cop 5

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2015, 01:05:59 PM »
Ha!
Just noticed I'm a "newbie" and I've been here 9 years!
I gotta post a little more often! LOL!

Gory Glenn

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2015, 01:21:43 PM »
Ha!
Just noticed I'm a "newbie" and I've been here 9 years!
I gotta post a little more often! LOL!

Hey maniac cop 5! It was really great meeting you. Don-Con was a heck of a good time, wasn't it?  :)

maniac cop 5

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2015, 01:47:40 PM »
The BEST!

rrpastore

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2015, 11:37:27 AM »
I agree this was a great event, and Daniel R. was a good host, keeping things moving, making us laugh, and also asking good questions in his interviews with the guests. The Laura Lady exclusive turned out to be April the Gorilla, that Creature Revenge Studios had on sale. the beautiful brown fur caught my eye right away. At first i thought it was a mask of Tracey the Gorilla (Bob Burns), then realized it was the missing Calendar mask. It was super well done.

Gory Glenn

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2015, 03:31:55 PM »
I agree this was a great event, and Daniel R. was a good host, keeping things moving, making us laugh, and also asking good questions in his interviews with the guests. The Laura Lady exclusive turned out to be April the Gorilla, that Creature Revenge Studios had on sale. the beautiful brown fur caught my eye right away. At first i thought it was a mask of Tracey the Gorilla (Bob Burns), then realized it was the missing Calendar mask. It was super well done.

Dan was once referred to here as "Our ambassador of monster fun" and that is certainly the case. Chuck Wright and I are trying to get him to do another Dr. Shocker video. C'mon Dan, how about it?!  ;D

I didn't realize it at first but April was the piece Dr. Lady was referring to in his earlier post. A really beautiful mask that owed a great deal to Laura's hair work. I don't remember, did Greg Duffy do the sculpt?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 05:08:47 PM by Gory Glenn »

lblambert

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2015, 01:17:33 PM »
I don't remember, did Greg Duffy do the sculpt?

Yes.