Author Topic: Mask Fest 2016 Indy  (Read 983 times)

crue-leader

Mask Fest 2016 Indy
« on: February 20, 2016, 07:35:32 AM »
Hello,
 I am brand new to this site, and new to collecting masks.  I just discovered the Don Post  Calendar re-releases of the 60's. Since September of last year I have acquired the Mad Doctor, Mr Hyde, and the hunchback. I also bought a Pat Newman Frankenstein blank of Glenn Strange.

Having never been to Mask Fest before, I have booked my hotel and am waiting for tickets to become available. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me, is there a lot of venders at Mask Fest selling these Don Post reissue calendar masks?

If so , whats the going rate for a Frankenstein, mummy and drcaula go for?
Thanks for any info. I look forward to learning as I continue to collect.
 :)

MaskMaker

Re: Mask Fest 2016 Indy
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 01:16:51 AM »
  These pop up up on ebay from time to time. But be warned, they don't exactly give them away. I have seen both Frankensteins listed from $400 to $800 each. Mummies and Dracula are cheaper, but not by much. Welcome to the hobby. I've been head hunting since 1980. :)

Klung1

• Global Moderator
    • http://www.klung1.com
Re: Mask Fest 2016 Indy
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 10:53:11 PM »
While there are usually a couple of vendors with random older DPS or DU masks, the vast majority of vendors are artists selling their original work (which tends to be AMAZING!).
If you're hunting for vintage pieces or Calendar re-isssues you're probably going to have better luck on eBay.
They're dead. They're all messed up.
NOTLD '68