Author Topic: Monsterpalooza 2016  (Read 1134 times)

Gory Glenn

Monsterpalooza 2016
« on: April 14, 2016, 07:03:04 PM »
Anybody here (other than Doh! ;)) going to Monsterpalooza this year? They moved to a bigger venue. Thank God!

Klung1

• Global Moderator
    • http://www.klung1.com
Re: Monsterpalooza 2016
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 10:47:12 PM »
I'm miserable to be missing the show again. Have a great time and post a butt load of pics!
They're dead. They're all messed up.
NOTLD '68

The Maskahuna

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 05:59:15 PM »
I'm planning to be there with a "Gallery of Ghouls and Demons". I'll watch
for you, Gory Glenn, if they haven't dragged me to hell by then!

Gory Glenn

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 11:14:59 AM »
I'm planning to be there with a "Gallery of Ghouls and Demons". I'll watch
for you, Gory Glenn, if they haven't dragged me to hell by then!

Cool Maskahuna! I'll look for you. Would be nice to see you again. I wouldn't worry about getting dragged to hell, they couldn't handle you there.  ;)

Doh!

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2016, 12:20:35 AM »
Well, I almost saw Glenn today -- stupid phone died so I couldn't find him after a couple of "see you soon" texts.  Next time...

I was able to meet Maskahuna in person: nice guy (for a monster lover).  The Don Con display was at Monsterpalooza and Mask was keeping a watchful eye; seeing it again was like running into an old friend. The new venue in Pasadena is huge compared to Burbank -- vendor room is easily 3 times the size -- but parking wasn't fun. I found a lot about 4 blocks away instead of the 1 or 2 blocks I could find in Burbank. Oh, well.
"You're dead, son.  Get yourself buried."
--J.J. Hunsecker

Gory Glenn

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 11:27:04 AM »
Had a great time at Monsterpalooza! Sorry I missed you too Doh! I tried texting you a few times later in the day but as you said your phone went dead. I did keep looking for a red baseball cap though.  ;D I saw the Don Post Unimart display but missed Maskahuna. Maybe they did drag him to hell before I got there. Can't say he didn't warn me. It was nice meeting Chris Zephro, president of Trick or Treat Studios. Really nice guy. We had a discussion about TOTS making Universal Monster masks. I explained to him how popular the Glenn Strange Frankenstein is with collectors and how cool it would be if TOTS offered one. Coincidentally he has a meeting with Universal today to discuss licensing. He's going to ask in particular about a GS Frank mask so lets keep our fingers crossed. Kidagain, use your Jedi mind powers to help make it happen.  ;D I'm going to e-mail him tomorrow to see how it went. The biggest issue is that Universal wants an arm and a leg for their classic monster licensing. Hopefully Chris will be able to strike a deal. Stay tuned.

Kidagain

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2016, 02:02:35 PM »
Fantastic news Glenn,thanks for remembering about the GS Frank with Chris.Keeping all fingers and toes crossed to make it happen.My Jedi powers are a little week now because of age but I will give it a try.Thanks so much Glenn!.

Gory Glenn

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2016, 02:18:57 PM »
Fantastic news Glenn,thanks for remembering about the GS Frank with Chris.Keeping all fingers and toes crossed to make it happen.My Jedi powers are a little week now because of age but I will give it a try.Thanks so much Glenn!.

No problem. Hopefully he'll have good news. Would be amazing if TOTS starting making Universal Monster masks. Since they already have Dracula and Phantom it would be nice if the rest of the gang could join them.  ;D