Author Topic: Dayglo Paints  (Read 293 times)

ChakorChanning

Dayglo Paints
« on: November 07, 2016, 12:49:07 PM »
Does anyone have any advice for painting latex masks with dayglo paints?  I heard that back when Don Post Studios was using dayglo paints in the 70's - 80's that it was hazardous to your health, but I don't know if that's the case these days.  Could anyone recommend a specific brand of dayglo paints or offer any other advice?  Anything would be appreciated.

The Maskahuna

Re: Dayglo Paints
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 04:24:51 PM »
Just be sure it's the look you want. Back in the '70s, I spray-painted
an old DP CREATURE mask in day-glo ... and later regretted it ~

ChakorChanning

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 05:11:49 PM »
I have a good amount of space in my house, but I don't think I have a room that could be used as a studio for spray-painting a mask.  Right now I'm thinking about using a simple brush for I want to paint.  My biggest concern is, again, the type of paint and the cost of said paint.  If the paint itself is expensive enough, I'm probably better off paying someone else to paint the masks.

NOMAD

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 02:56:40 AM »
All the day glo paints I have are acrylics and are safe to use. A ton of older paints had chemicals that are no longer allowed in paints. All pant these days also has a ASTM logo on the side and should tell you what's in it or if its dangerous. In my experience oil based paints are more hazardous then acrylics.
Why blow bubbles, unless your going to burst them?
http://nomad-11.deviantart.com/gallery/