Author Topic: First Mask Sculpt  (Read 375 times)

uncle_mickey

First Mask Sculpt
« on: January 21, 2017, 10:35:05 PM »
  Greetings everyone

Looking for some opinions on this sculpt and what  I should price the mask at.

ChakorChanning

Re: First Mask Sculpt
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 09:28:12 AM »
I'm no expert on this field of art, but it all depends on whether or not you are planning on selling this sculpt as a blank or painting it.  I'm assuming you are planning on selling this sculpt as a blank, in which case I would probably price this between $90 - $130 at the very least.  As for the sculpt itself, I'd say you did a really good job with it and I can see it looking great with the right paint apps.  Is it your own original character or is it based on a movie character, just out of curiosity?

Hope this helps. ;)

uncle_mickey

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 12:33:19 PM »
It was inspired by two separate characters, one being Disney's hat box ghost, the other a character from the cartoon "The Groovy Ghoolies".  And I was thinking of painting it  ... possibly even a bit of hair work.  it hadn't even crossed my mind to to sell it as a blank, I assume by that you mean unpainted.

ChakorChanning

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 12:41:02 PM »
it hadn't even crossed my mind to to sell it as a blank, I assume by that you mean unpainted.

Correct.  Since you posted a pic of the unpainted sculpt, I wasn't sure if you were planning on selling these as blanks or painted copies.  What to charge for it painted depends on the quality of the paint apps. ;)

Kidagain

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 01:56:47 PM »
I assume that what we see is the clay sculpt,are you planning on making a latex mask and selling them or selling the sculpt.I believe Chakor is on the right track with the pricing. Good luck and you did a terrific job.If this is a latex mask already well you know what they say about assuming!

uncle_mickey

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2017, 06:51:04 PM »
Sorry I wasn't more specific, this is the clay sculpt, which I'm doing the last touch ups on now.  I play to start casting and painting it as soon as possible.

Kidagain

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2017, 08:06:44 AM »
Don't forget to give us a shot of the completed bust, it looks great so far uncle_mickey.