Author Topic: A few recent shots from my Monster Room!  (Read 562 times)

stretchbaldy

A few recent shots from my Monster Room!
« on: February 19, 2017, 11:15:58 PM »
Lets continue to bring back a bit of life to the HMA on this long President's Day Weekend shall we...

My Monster/Mask Room has gone through many changes and facelifts over the past decade....While I do miss all of my old Monster Art that I have once owned... especially my Jordu collection I do very much love the monster goodness that lives there currently and will most likely never sell at this point in my collecting life.

I've always wanted my own mini arcade in my home so I decided to capture both of my hobbies in one space. Monsters and Arcade Machines! Both bring me back to my childhood and I love coming home from a long day at the office and just enjoy the sights of my little MonsterArcade as I like to call it!

Untitled by Gary Allen, on Flickr

« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 05:11:35 PM by stretchbaldy »

Kidagain

Re: A few recent shots from my Monster Room!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 07:53:46 AM »
That Shock Monster is sooooo cool,love seeing other collectors monster rooms.

The Maskahuna

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 08:27:37 AM »
stretch is back with a bang! I'm loving the "dark carnival" vibe of your setup.
You obviously keep that giant Shock around to guard against players "tilting" at
the games! Thanks for the great images.

Gory Glenn

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 11:29:13 AM »
What a fun monster room. Love the full size Shock Monster! Digging the Green Slime shooting gallery machine too. Loved those as a kid. Now we just need to get you a Creature from the Black Lagoon pinball machine. Thanks for sharing!

stretchbaldy

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 09:37:17 PM »
Thank you both! Much appreciated. Huna... it is funny you mentioned a "Dark Carnival" theme! That's exactly the look I'm after... like an old Dark Ride! So many memories as a kid riding those things over and over.... and inbetween rides... hitting the arcade next door!

stretchbaldy

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 09:49:43 PM »
Another older shot showing my vintage flashing arcade/carnival flashing "open" arrow sign!

Doh!

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2017, 02:58:47 AM »
Sweet monster room!!

I wish I had the space for one. Maybe some day...
"You're dead, son.  Get yourself buried."
--J.J. Hunsecker

GeorgeL

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2017, 03:33:22 PM »
What an awesome setup Stretch! Great vibe and fun space! Nothing like cracking a cold one after a tough week and retiring to the monster arcade! So glad you decided to post pics. Miss the old threads like this one!

Funny that you combined video games and monsters too! I did the same thing. Just did it on a smaller scale. I custom made a cool little corner cabinet to house my old consoles and games from Atari all the way on up to playstation, dreamcast etc. I stuck it in the corner of my monster room.  I have the arcade cabinets in another part of the house. Not enough room in one spot for everything!

I will try to get a thread going with some pics too.

Glad you posted!

stretchbaldy

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2017, 12:20:40 AM »
That sounds awesome George! Post some new pics when ya can and thanks for the nice words... I, like you... am not a fan of Facebook, etc.... Call me an old bastid I suppose. It's just not my thing. I still go on to check stuff out... but man it's so much more work it seems to find new mask releases from artists... and too much drama. It's a cancer if you ask me.

Anyhow... ya I love the Monstercade vibe I got going on! It took me a long time to find that Haunted House vintage gun game and I had to make an epic sale/trade to get it. Definitely a grail piece for me.

I miss shooting the crap with ya dude! Oh and by the way... are you still filling mask orders? I'd love some blanks... I've been bitten by the Topstone bug!

-G

HMAEA

• Administrator
    • http://www.thehma.net
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2017, 11:06:21 AM »
Very nice, Stretch! Thanks for sharing!

E.

Lurker

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2017, 07:00:10 PM »
Thanks for posting Stretch!  I would like to see the HMA more active again too.  Thanks to Stretch, Sal, Justin, Jon, Pete I, Casey, Kyle, Lee, Sam (RIP), Mike, Paul, Dr. Lady (and all the folks I couldn't fit in one post) for selling me pieces and educating me on the "scene".  I will try and get some photos posted too.  It was cool to see some familiar names posting again.  The last week or two as I have thinned out my collection I am surprised by how many buyers were not aware of HMA.  So be nice to any newcomers....at least until they deserve otherwise ;)

The Lurker/D Butler

GeorgeL

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2017, 10:05:34 AM »
I figured that Haunted House gun game was a tough one to acquire. Well worth it though! I'd kill for that lifesize shock too!

As for the topstones, yes I still offer them. Last year, I reacquired a couple more of the masters I originally sold. I made molds on them and will be possibly offering a limited finished run and also blanks in the near future.

I need to order some latex. Once I have it I will let everyone know. I got several PMs here too since posting again so everyone hang tight.

Chainsaw

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2017, 08:41:42 PM »
That Shock is truly outstanding! Am I correct in thinking it was first revealed at Monsterpalooza?
Feed My Illusion

Pete-I

• http://www.devils-workshop.com
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2017, 06:40:55 PM »
Great monster room Gary! The Haunted House pin is a fantastic machine. Gotta love the multiple levels built into the play field. I've never seen the HH shooter in person. It looks amazing though. Killer setup man!

It's great to see all the old gang here! I've more or less kept off line as much as possible over the past year. It's quite a surprise to see the likes of Gary, George, Duke and everyone else. I've got some pics to share too. Like you George, I'll start up a thread. Lookin' forward to seeing how your setup has evolved since the last time you posted pics. If I remember correctly, you had just finished getting walls up and had migrated a few masks into your room.

stretchbaldy

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2017, 05:16:32 PM »
Pete in the house! Nice to hear from you man! Ya, George and Pete please post updated collection shots!!  Everyone please do the same!

Chainsaw... yes. This is the life-size Shock from Monsterpalooza!  I love him!   I just noticed for some reason my pics were not showing up so I think I fixed that issue.... still learning Flickr I guess....

Yes the Haunted House Gun game is pretty rare and hard to find in working condition.... the sound is provided via a dual track 8track player... old school tech at its finest!  You usually find these not working and with no sound....

I will try and figure out how to post a video of it working this weekend... Thanks again fellas and everyone please post some collection shots!

George... let me know when you are ready to start filling order please!  Thanks dude!

-G