Author Topic: COLLECTION CORNER!!  (Read 5108 times)

Gory Glenn

Re: COLLECTION CORNER!!
« Reply #150 on: June 16, 2017, 12:31:55 PM »
Such a cool mask! Congrats!

Thanks! Appreciate it!

The Maskahuna

« Reply #151 on: June 16, 2017, 02:20:46 PM »
My opinion of that mask hasn't changed one bit. It's still one of
the sickest things ever created. I really should've included it in
my "D for Disgusting" post, but ... congrats on the score, GG!

Gory Glenn

« Reply #152 on: June 16, 2017, 05:18:46 PM »
My opinion of that mask hasn't changed one bit. It's still one of
the sickest things ever created. I really should've included it in
my "D for Disgusting" post, but ... congrats on the score, GG!

LOL! Thanks Maskahuna!  ;D

Josh

« Reply #153 on: June 23, 2017, 10:36:57 PM »
Recent addition to the collection that I  thought I'd share. Verne Langdon Zombie, recast from an original (many of you are no doubt familiar with this mold) and painted/haired by Cathy Tharp. It has production style paint and hair. What I think is interesting is that it looks like Cathy took inspiration from Rudy's vintage copy (the only copy with its original hair) for the hair as it has a very similar look.

Click below for a look at the only all original vintage copy. I also strongly suggest you follow the Crimsonghostmaskroom on Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJfo356B_7h/

The Maskahuna

« Reply #154 on: June 23, 2017, 11:48:47 PM »
'Looks super, Josh. Cathy did a great job matching the original paint scheme
although a professional color consultant never would've approved of combining
green and brown, lol!

Tatooine_Todd

« Reply #155 on: June 25, 2017, 08:40:31 AM »
I was very happy to add this vintage Shock Monster to my collection. I got him from Rudy. This was a definite "grail" piece for me.

Tatooine_Todd

« Reply #156 on: June 25, 2017, 08:41:38 AM »
Recent addition to the collection that I  thought I'd share. Verne Langdon Zombie, recast from an original (many of you are no doubt familiar with this mold) and painted/haired by Cathy Tharp. It has production style paint and hair. What I think is interesting is that it looks like Cathy took inspiration from Rudy's vintage copy (the only copy with its original hair) for the hair as it has a very similar look.

Click below for a look at the only all original vintage copy. I also strongly suggest you follow the Crimsonghostmaskroom on Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJfo356B_7h/

The Verne Langdon Zombie is so iconic. Yours is great!

jupiter2

« Reply #157 on: June 25, 2017, 11:14:45 PM »
2011 Don Post "Juice"

The Maskahuna

« Reply #158 on: June 26, 2017, 10:44:26 AM »
'Fun review, good scary character, nice paint and detail work
for a mass produced mask. Thanks for the vid, jupiter2.

Gory Glenn

« Reply #159 on: June 26, 2017, 01:10:42 PM »
To my knowledge the Don Post Juice mask was not licensed by Iron Maiden in any way. Their mascot "Eddie" took on the look of what ever the theme of the current album was. The "Juice" version of Eddie was from their 1983 album "Piece of Mind" depicting Eddie as a lobotomy victim. In 1984 for their "Powerslave" album he took on the look of an Egyptian Pharaoh. Trick or Treat Studios has licensed the full line of Eddie Iron Maiden masks depicting him in all his themes throughout the years. They even have a full "Lobotomy Eddie" costume.

https://www.trickortreatstudios.com/licensed-designs/iron-maiden.html

jupiter2

« Reply #160 on: June 26, 2017, 08:11:10 PM »
Great info, Gory Glenn! Thanks!

Gory Glenn

« Reply #161 on: June 27, 2017, 12:16:57 PM »
Great info, Gory Glenn! Thanks!

My pleasure jupiter2! Thanks for the great video! It's interesting to note that Eddie retained his lobotomy plate and screws in one form or another from "Piece of Mind" in all future iterations of the character. Talk about continuity.  ;D

One version of Eddie ToTS didn't do a mask of from "Somewhere in Time"
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 12:20:27 PM by Gory Glenn »

vxx

« Reply #162 on: June 28, 2017, 12:48:39 PM »
Thought I'd jump in now & then & post some of my collection. Most are Vxx masks but I have a few other masks left. This is a Don Post Alfred E. Neuman mask from I guess the early 60s. It was sold in the back of Famous Monsters. I don't think many were made & this is the only copy I've seen. It's large & had remnants of foam at the top of the mask & chin. Don Post Studios & what looks like No. Hollywood is hand written inside in ink. It's in a petrified state but in stable condition.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 11:05:28 AM by vxx »

Tatooine_Todd

« Reply #163 on: June 28, 2017, 05:27:15 PM »
Thought I'd jump in now & then & post some of my collection. Most are Vxx masks but I have a few other masks left. This is a Don Post Alfred E. Neuman mask from I guess the early 60s. It was sold in the back of Famous Monsters. I don't think many were made & this is the only copy I've seen. It's large & had remnants of foam at the top of the mask & chin. Don Post Studios & what looks like No. Hollywood is hand written inside in ink. It's in a petrified state but in solid condition.

Man I loved MAD Magazine when I was younger. That is a super cool mask.
I'd love to see some of your VXX masks as well.

Another Symbiote

« Reply #164 on: June 30, 2017, 12:53:26 PM »
To my knowledge the Don Post Juice mask was not licensed by Iron Maiden in any way. Their mascot "Eddie" took on the look of what ever the theme of the current album was. The "Juice" version of Eddie was from their 1983 album "Piece of Mind" depicting Eddie as a lobotomy victim. In 1984 for their "Powerslave" album he took on the look of an Egyptian Pharaoh. Trick or Treat Studios has licensed the full line of Eddie Iron Maiden masks depicting him in all his themes throughout the years. They even have a full "Lobotomy Eddie" costume.

https://www.trickortreatstudios.com/licensed-designs/iron-maiden.html

Glenn's right. They definitely weren't licensed. Anytime Don Post Studios grabbed a license, they displayed it loud and proud in their catalogs. At the time Juice showed up in the catalog, Iron Maiden was at their peak. If it was official, Juice probably would've had his own page with the Maiden logo plastered front and center. Official or not, it's still one of my favorite masks. As a Don Post fan, and a rabid Maiden fan.

On a side note, DPS weren't the only ones to do this. Forum Novelties took a crack at making an Eddie mask, with Metal Head.