Author Topic: COLLECTION CORNER!!  (Read 30118 times)

The Maskahuna

Re: COLLECTION CORNER!!
« Reply #360 on: January 17, 2018, 05:40:19 PM »
The colors are vibrant and it's from that popular movie but I never wanted one. The face is just too generic.
Now if it looked more like Nightowl's King Halloween, you'd have yourself a sale ~

Still, I always enjoy your vids, jupiter2. Keep 'em coming until the last gasp and rattle!

Gory Glenn

« Reply #361 on: January 17, 2018, 07:05:49 PM »
Great video jupiter 2! I only have the ToTS DP Skull at this point. I may pick up the other 2 somewhere down the line for completions sake as I love H3.

The colors are vibrant and it's from that popular movie but I never wanted one. The face is just too generic.
Now if it looked more like Nightowl's King Halloween, you'd have yourself a sale ~

Still, I always enjoy your vids, jupiter2. Keep 'em coming until the last gasp and rattle!

Which is also available from ToTS (same sculpt) at a more wallet friendly price.

Also from ToTS is Rotting Pumpkin that looks somewhat like the H3 mask during the "decomposing scene" sculpted by Neal Kennemore.

Doh!

« Reply #362 on: January 18, 2018, 12:17:11 AM »
Nice video, jupiter! I'm actually a big fan of the movie, but never picked up the pumpkin mask. I do have a skull -- but an earlier copy, not the glowing one from the movie release.

I was contemplating getting a TOTS pumpkin, but I saw one in person and it somehow seems off to me. Too small, or the paint isn't as nicely done as the Post. Something...
"You're dead, son.  Get yourself buried."
--J.J. Hunsecker

The Maskahuna

« Reply #363 on: January 24, 2018, 12:35:33 PM »
Here's another mask I've never featured before, so rare it's practically non-existent.
It's called Thebes Warrior, a Fantasy Faces offering from the late 1970s ~

Mike LeValley and Rick Stratton comprised Fantasy Faces Studio and usually
sculpted FFS characters together, one taking over after the other.

Thebes Warrior was originally conceived as wearing a battle helmet
which would've helped conceal its only debit: that buttertop split in its cranium.
I'll bet it would've looked great with applied hair too ~

Gory Glenn

« Reply #364 on: January 24, 2018, 12:50:32 PM »
Reminds me of this guy from Conan the Destroyer. Of course the mask being from the 70's would have been first.

The Maskahuna

« Reply #365 on: January 24, 2018, 11:15:51 PM »
Reminds me of this guy from Conan the Destroyer

'Maybe so but "your guy" doesn't have such exquisitely sculpted ears ~

The Maskahuna

« Reply #366 on: January 25, 2018, 10:56:41 AM »
Now that I think about it, all "Fantasy Faces" masks had sculpturally interesting ears ~

Get a load of this one ~

jupiter2

« Reply #367 on: January 25, 2018, 04:36:24 PM »
Love those mask pics! Thank you

Another Symbiote

« Reply #368 on: January 30, 2018, 04:53:07 PM »
CreatureRevenge did a great job on your Dr Phibes mask, Gory Glenn.
Congratulations on scoring that last copy. It's a good one.

Speaking of creepy dead guys who just won't stay dead and buried,
I present one of the greatest corpse props ever ~

I bought it from Death Studios back in the 1980s and kept it ever since ~

'Doing what it does best: rising from its grave at one of our Halloween parties ~

I must say, I'm loving that zombie scene! Despite the monsters popularity, it seems like no one appreciates a good "back from the grave" zombie these days. It's a shame.

jupiter2

« Reply #369 on: February 05, 2018, 11:17:35 AM »
2006 Don Post Studios "Wrestler"

Another Symbiote

« Reply #370 on: February 05, 2018, 03:34:51 PM »
2006 Don Post Studios "Wrestler"

It's great to see you posting in the HMA again, jupiter! I was starting to wonder whether or not some of us were coming back post-January.

Great choice for the vid, as well! The Tor Johnson mask is one of my favorites. Despite the incredibly simple design, it manages to be iconic and versatile. Kinda like the Don Post Skull, I guess. I have a friend who's a DJ, and this mask even made an appearance in a video he made for one of his tracks. We still don't know what that segment is from!

Doh!

« Reply #371 on: February 06, 2018, 02:45:51 AM »
Another fine review, jupiter! The Post Tor was always fun, but for me, the superior sculpt comes from Death Studios. I picked one up a couple of years ago:

http://www.deathstudios.com/Masks/Index.cfm/go:site.Item/Item:93/Search:T/Group:1/index.html
"You're dead, son.  Get yourself buried."
--J.J. Hunsecker

Gory Glenn

« Reply #372 on: February 06, 2018, 12:16:35 PM »
Nice review jupiter2! I found this thread started by Maskahuna where HMA member CreepingDead posted some picks of the various Tor incarnations including "The Wrestler" and "The Cell Mate".

http://www.thehma.net/forum/index.php?topic=38437.0

Another Symbiote

« Reply #373 on: February 06, 2018, 02:29:34 PM »
Another fine review, jupiter! The Post Tor was always fun, but for me, the superior sculpt comes from Death Studios. I picked one up a couple of years ago:

http://www.deathstudios.com/Masks/Index.cfm/go:site.Item/Item:93/Search:T/Group:1/index.html

Just out of curiosity, did you ever see the deluxe sculpt DPS did in '94? It's a pretty good likeness.

Nice review jupiter2! I found this thread started by Maskahuna where HMA member CreepingDead posted some picks of the various Tor incarnations including "The Wrestler" and "The Cell Mate".

http://www.thehma.net/forum/index.php?topic=38437.0

Hey Glenn! Good to see you back in the mix again!

Gory Glenn

« Reply #374 on: February 06, 2018, 05:47:02 PM »
Just out of curiosity, did you ever see the deluxe sculpt DPS did in '94? It's a pretty good likeness.

Hey Glenn! Good to see you back in the mix again!

You might have solved a mystery for me Another Symbiote. I was looking at this Tor mask on eBay that claims it's made from the original DPS foam master. I wasn't sure about it because it didn't look like the DPS Tor mask I was used to seeing with the scar. After seeing the pic you posted I'm inclined to believe that it is this '94 sculpt. I really like the paint scheme on this one as it looks like Tor coming out of the grave from "Plan 9 from Outer Space".

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tor-tally-Ghostly-Tor-Johnson-Halloween-Mask-Don-Post-Not-Jason-Freddy/232655664559?hash=item362b5bb5af:g:~ZUAAOSwX-pZtfqv