Author Topic: COLLECTION CORNER!!  (Read 22663 times)

jupiter2

Re: COLLECTION CORNER!!
« Reply #555 on: December 31, 2018, 09:17:56 AM »
That's great, 'Huna! Really has a classic vibe, and what a wife - she's a keeper!

Gory Glenn

« Reply #556 on: January 03, 2019, 01:36:33 PM »
Looks great 'huna! You gotta watch out for Maskahuna. He'll foam fill you if you're not careful!  ;D

Doh!

« Reply #557 on: January 03, 2019, 06:05:56 PM »
That poor child.

But at least he's well-preserved!
"You're dead, son.  Get yourself buried."
--J.J. Hunsecker

The Maskahuna

« Reply #558 on: January 05, 2019, 11:23:36 PM »
Look who's come over to haunt me for a few days: a TrickorTreat Studios PHANTOM ~

In the brief time it's been here, I've really warmed up to this mask
although it's enough to send chills down anyone's spine!

Its owner should be stopping by next week to reclaim it for his collection. Maybe sometime later,
I'll be showing off a copy of my own right here at "Collection Corner" ...

I could swear someone else around here had a copy of this character in the pale flesh color.
I went looking for images of it in the Mass Produced forum but couldn't find any.

Gory Glenn

« Reply #559 on: January 07, 2019, 11:49:47 AM »
Justin Mabry's Phantom sculpt is fantastic! Personally I think it's more screen accurate than the classic DP version. I dig the green paint up in honor of FMF's '66 Yearbook cover. I do own the flesh colored version but I'm not sure I ever posted pictures of it. I see they still haven't addressed the space where the hair is parted. To big of a gap but that's a minor issue that doesn't ruin a great mask!

Doh!

« Reply #560 on: January 08, 2019, 02:41:40 AM »
'Huna, that was ME who posted the fleshy Phantom. It was part of my Don-Con haul. Justin Mabry signed it for me, too!

Note that I have Gory Glenn to thank for the Savage Eye Frank -- my very first Frank, believe it or not.

--J.J. Hunsecker

The Maskahuna

« Reply #561 on: January 08, 2019, 11:42:40 AM »
Oh man, what a tough choice between green or flesh color. Perhaps I should just
do as any decent collector would: when in doubt, get them both.
'Great seeing that DonCon memorabilia, Doh. I never got one of those hand puppets
but herewith present my modest collection of other mementos from the show ~

The one I still look at most often is the DonCon pictorial souvenir ~

I'm not sure who published it but these were offered some months after the show ~

It's only twenty pages long, with hardly any text, but who needs text with such awesome imagery?

There's Bob Short sculpting the ANCIENT EVIL mask ~

'The back cover, showing the big stage set. I wonder if fans will be discussing DonCon in
fifty years time with the same fondness we regard Unimart Monster Daze now ...

Gory Glenn

« Reply #562 on: January 08, 2019, 12:18:26 PM »
Everybody should have at least one Frank in their collection, right Doh?  ;D Glad he went to a good home.

Man, I've never seen that Don Con book before! I'd really like to have one. Maskahuna, if you can remember who published it I'd appreciate knowing. It must say somewhere in the book, no? Maybe you could send me a close up of that bar code on the back. It may lead me to the right place to score one.

Edit: I checked with our buddy Mr. Lambert and apparently only a few of these were made special by Mr. Roebuck for people who contributed to Don-Con.  :'(
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 12:40:34 PM by Gory Glenn »

The Maskahuna

« Reply #563 on: January 08, 2019, 12:48:08 PM »
There's no title page, no colophon, no credits, nothing. The logical answer would be Blacksparrow
since DonCon itself was basically a promotional event (and glorified book signing) for Mr Lambert.

The Maskahuna

« Reply #564 on: January 08, 2019, 01:40:35 PM »
Edit: I checked with our buddy Mr. Lambert and apparently only a few of these were made special by Mr. Roebuck for people who contributed to Don-Con.  :'(

Ah, that explains it. I thought for sure these were made more widely available. If not, they ought to be!

Gory Glenn

« Reply #565 on: January 08, 2019, 03:23:47 PM »
Ah, that explains it. I thought for sure these were made more widely available. If not, they ought to be!

Absolutely! I'd love to have one!

Doh!

« Reply #566 on: January 08, 2019, 09:44:53 PM »
Great souvenir, 'Huna. Wish they had printed more of 'em. I took some photos, but books are always welcome.
--J.J. Hunsecker