Author Topic: COLLECTION CORNER!!  (Read 31982 times)

The Maskahuna

Re: COLLECTION CORNER!!
« Reply #630 on: August 01, 2019, 12:23:13 AM »
That BSS Gorilla is one of their better masks although it needs more teeth. I got used to the DPS versions
which have whole mouthfuls of them. 'Great review and catalog cutaways, jupiter2, and congrats to vader45
on scoring one of Distortions' more disturbing designs. Do you suppose that seller meant to write "Ed Edmunds"?

Doh!

« Reply #631 on: August 01, 2019, 10:02:03 PM »
Hard to believe that's 40 years old -- great shape! I wonder why they didn't cast it in black latex, though, rather than paint it afterwards...? Of course, the TOTS Kong is also painted so maybe it's cheaper that way.
"You're dead, son.  Get yourself buried."
--J.J. Hunsecker

vader45

« Reply #632 on: August 02, 2019, 12:29:34 AM »
That BSS Gorilla is one of their better masks although it needs more teeth. I got used to the DPS versions
which have whole mouthfuls of them. 'Great review and catalog cutaways, jupiter2, and congrats to vader45
on scoring one of Distortions' more disturbing designs. Do you suppose that seller meant to write "Ed Edmunds"?

Thank you. I cought that as well. It should be Ed Edmunds! Lol.

I'm shocked I got a MOTM for only $30. I've been collecting but not posting on this forum. That will change!

And I love seeing your old mask photos!

vader45

« Reply #633 on: August 02, 2019, 12:42:44 AM »
One of my recent scores

From Hammond Sculpt Studios.

Gory Glenn

« Reply #634 on: August 02, 2019, 12:58:36 PM »
Amazing Gorilla 'Huna! Congrats! I'll bring him a banana next time I'm over.  ;)

I just picked up this nice Lon Chaney Jr. Kharis Mummy display mask by an artist named Scott Doring. The Chaney Mummy was always my favorite Mummy as a monster kid.

Kidagain

« Reply #635 on: August 02, 2019, 02:35:36 PM »
Great scores vader45 and Gory Glenn,haven't had anything new to show in a few years but love seeing other members new additions.

vader45

« Reply #636 on: August 02, 2019, 04:16:09 PM »
Amazing Gorilla 'Huna! Congrats! I'll bring him a banana next time I'm over.  ;)

I just picked up this nice Lon Chaney Jr. Kharis Mummy display mask by an artist named Scott Doring. The Chaney Mummy was always my favorite Mummy as a monster kid.

Fantastic mask! I have all of the. Uni monsters in some mask form or another except Mummy and Wolfy. How much did your Chaney Mummy rob your wallet for?

Jason Hammond has a sexy Karloff mummy at an exellent price for an indie piece that I've had my eye on since I purchased the Haunted Mask!

The Maskahuna

« Reply #637 on: August 04, 2019, 11:16:25 PM »
'Scary cool scores, vader45 and GoryGlenn. It looks like they're made of rancid butter! 'Great grim attitude on the Kharis.
I'd hate to be caught in one of his strangleholds. Of interest to jupiter2: I saw one of the Zagone brothers at a convention
earlier today ~

vader45

« Reply #638 on: August 05, 2019, 12:16:43 PM »
Bubonic has arrived! This mask is worth hell of a lot more then $30! It's thick and very well painted. It has the reminiscent of their old vintage masks but with the upside of being fresher latex!

jupiter2

« Reply #639 on: August 05, 2019, 12:33:31 PM »
'Scary cool scores, vader45 and GoryGlenn. It looks like they're made of rancid butter! 'Great grim attitude on the Kharis.
I'd hate to be caught in one of his strangleholds. Of interest to jupiter2: I saw one of the Zagone brothers at a convention
earlier today ~

There’s a familiar and friendly face! (The one in the middle)

Doh!

« Reply #640 on: August 06, 2019, 02:29:18 AM »
Cool score, vader45!
--J.J. Hunsecker

vader45

« Reply #641 on: August 06, 2019, 02:42:55 PM »
Thank you to all!

I ordered Nosferatu from DarkSide last night and I am eye balling his deluxe Wolfie. It's really cheap considering the amount of hair on it! I'm not fond of the black streaks in the hair and the dark nose. I'ma request it closer to the Lon Chaney look.

Josh

« Reply #642 on: August 10, 2019, 12:34:18 AM »
Forgot to post this sooner. Here is one I recieved a few weeks ago, the new wearable Verne Langdon Zombie, copy  #21. And I'm holding the original, non-wearable VL Zombie recast (before he was shipped off to the new owner)

And just in case any of you guys are hardcore Zombie fans, here are some side by side pics of the original, small sized re-cast and the new wearable recast, so you can see the difference.

Doh!

« Reply #643 on: August 10, 2019, 03:45:57 AM »
Very cool! Thanks for sharing.
--J.J. Hunsecker

The Maskahuna

« Reply #644 on: August 12, 2019, 09:22:13 AM »
It's a shame that we must sometimes resort to recasting to get the masks we want
but, what the hell, I like your pics, Josh.