Author Topic: "Not Don Post" tags on eBay listings  (Read 292 times)

Tatooine_Todd

"Not Don Post" tags on eBay listings
« on: March 21, 2017, 07:33:18 AM »
Tagging every mask auction with "Not Don Post" It really is starting to tick me off. I can't do a simple search without pouring thru a bunch of listings of mostly garbage. I am trying to reacquire the calendar series reissues and finding it maddening.

It's actually having the effect of pushing me away from eBay.

Just needed to vent.

Doh!

Re: "Not Don Post" tags on eBay listings
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 02:19:16 AM »
Is eBay's search engine designed to use the minus sign? Maybe you can add:

-"not Don Post"

to your searches...?
"You're dead, son.  Get yourself buried."
--J.J. Hunsecker

Kidagain

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 08:17:41 AM »
Have you tried just putting in Don Post Calendar Reissue Masks in your search?I know the last time I looked there were 2 sellers that had entire collections for sale on the Calendar Masks but you need a good chunk of change to get them plus it's pickup only.Good luck on your collecting.

Tatooine_Todd

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 06:59:17 PM »
Have you tried just putting in Don Post Calendar Reissue Masks in your search?I know the last time I looked there were 2 sellers that had entire collections for sale on the Calendar Masks but you need a good chunk of change to get them plus it's pickup only.Good luck on your collecting.

The collection in IL is local pick-up only. Besides where's the fun in finding everything all at once?

Kidagain

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 08:02:52 AM »
In your first post it didn't sound like you were having fun in your search.Keep looking on just '' Don Post " but you will have to put up with the " Not " problem like the rest of us who also search for the DPS classics.Good hunting.

Another Symbiote

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2017, 02:01:33 PM »
I've been having that same problem. Granted, I'm not searching for anything specific, just browsing Don Post stuff in general. I used to have the same problem with video games and heavy metal memorabilia. Everyone on ebay goes tag-crazy, so I end up wading through a sea of "RARE!" and "OOP!" claims, when usually it's neither. It's totally obnoxious.

Josh

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2017, 02:13:56 PM »
I don't really mind the "not don post" so much as sometimes it leads me to a cool piece or a seller with other cool stuff. What I really hate is same crap that no one wants being listed over and over and over. See the same crappy Phantom Menace masks, fake scars and ArnoldFX recasts every day.

Tatooine_Todd

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2017, 03:20:31 PM »
I don't really mind the "not don post" so much as sometimes it leads me to a cool piece or a seller with other cool stuff. What I really hate is same crap that no one wants being listed over and over and over. See the same crappy Phantom Menace masks, fake scars and ArnoldFX recasts every day.

I agree. I am getting to used to the problem. I am getting annoyed with the multiple listings of Chinese, silicone girl masks. That gets really tedious to wade thru and disturbs me as I think about the potential buyers.