Author Topic: Best Film In a Horror Series  (Read 944 times)

Rotting Corpse

Re: Best Film In a Horror Series
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2018, 08:11:23 PM »
Insidious: The Last Key is out this weekend. I've enjoyed the series so far and was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed the third film, which ended up being my favorite. Let's see how this one stacks up.

Rotting Corpse

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2018, 05:36:43 PM »
Does Jurassic Park count as Horror? They sort of blur the lines between Sci-Fi/Adventure and Horror, in a way. I've had the films in my Horror marathons during Halloween and they definitely aren't out of place. In any case, the original is easily the best, by an enormous margin.

Going by the trailers for the newest film, this one definitely seems more Horror-oriented than the others. Which is an interesting direction to take but I also hope it isn't at the expense of the wonder-like quality the first two films had. Didn't like how the last two were so monster movie-like.

Rotting Corpse

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2018, 10:13:25 PM »
Bringing this back.

Tatooine_Todd

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2018, 10:26:02 AM »
I'm throwing my choice for Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives. What a fun, film. I hadn't seen it since the 80's and just di a rewatch. I was thoroughly entertained.

Rotting Corpse

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2018, 10:43:47 PM »
I'm throwing my choice for Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives. What a fun, film. I hadn't seen it since the 80's and just di a rewatch. I was thoroughly entertained.

Always very close between this one and The Final Chapter for me. While I give the edge to the latter these days it's not by much at all. Jason Lives was my first ever Horror movie so the nostalgia factor is through the roof. I love it's EC Comics style, it feels like it could've been an issue of something like Tales From The Crypt or The Vault Of Horror.

Rotting Corpse

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2018, 08:28:56 PM »
Can't remember if I mentioned Psycho before. Believe it or not I've yet to see any except the fourth one. My exposure to Psycho has mainly been the excellent Bates Motel TV show.

Doh!

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2018, 10:21:42 PM »
Corpse, you gotta track down the original Psycho! I bet I've seen it 20 times... and counting.
"You're dead, son.  Get yourself buried."
--J.J. Hunsecker

Rotting Corpse

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2018, 10:29:12 PM »
I'll see it someday, a long-time Horror fan like myself to have gone all these years having not seen it, I got to remedy that.

Rotting Corpse

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2018, 04:33:28 PM »
Critters is another series I forgot, it's been so long since I last watched them. I can't remember if 1 or 2 was my favorite.