Author Topic: TOTS Zombie Flesh Eaters Repaint  (Read 220 times)

buzzminton

TOTS Zombie Flesh Eaters Repaint
« on: May 23, 2017, 05:56:36 PM »

A very tricky paint job to capture since Giannetto De Rossi used a "caking" method to build up layers for the look of this zombie in the film. But for the most part, I'm pretty satisfied with how this guy turned out.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 06:00:45 PM by buzzminton »

Gory Glenn

Re: TOTS Zombie Flesh Eaters Repaint
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 12:12:49 PM »
Looks good. Dirtying up the gauze collar helps a lot. It's way to clean looking out of the box so to speak. One of my favorite zombies. The TOTS Fulci boat zombie makes a nice companion to this piece.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 12:16:18 PM by Gory Glenn »

buzzminton

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 09:33:00 PM »
Looks good. Dirtying up the gauze collar helps a lot. It's way to clean looking out of the box so to speak. One of my favorite zombies. The TOTS Fulci boat zombie makes a nice companion to this piece.

Thanks man! Yeah the gauze was a little too white so I had to add a lot of weathering and stuff. Definitley my favorite zombie film of all time. That boat zombie mask is definitely pretty sweet but I've been trying to track down a copy of the VXXFX version called "Dead Weight" but they're near impossible to find because there was only about 33 copies made or something like that. But I believe my next purchase will be a Dr. Freudstein mask so it makes up for it.

Gory Glenn

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 11:16:12 AM »
I'd like to have a copy of Dead Weight myself. Be prepared to pay up if you manage to find one. VXX masks usually command high prices. Love Darrell's work though.

buzzminton

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2017, 04:03:41 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised to see the dead weight mask going for a lot because they're pretty rare and Darrell's work is awesome, especially the masks he did from the EC comics but too bad he doesn't make masks anymore though.