Author Topic: R.I.P. George Romero  (Read 89 times)

Gory Glenn

R.I.P. George Romero
« on: July 17, 2017, 11:26:51 AM »
Was really sad to hear this. I was lucky enough to meet him at Monsterpalooza 2015. Glad I was able to while he was still around.

Love his films. Dawn of the Dead was a particular favorite. Saw it in it's original theatrical run and then later on a double bill with Evil Dead which I hadn't seen until that night. Wasn't that a surprise!  ;D Happy to have this copy of the script for DOTD signed by George when I met him at 'palooza. I'll cherish it even more now. R.I.P. George, we'll miss you.

Josh

Re: R.I.P. George Romero
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 07:26:33 PM »
Great picture. Huge loss. Real inspiration and his influence can't be overstated, just totally altered the landscape of horror movies.

Doh!

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 01:18:02 AM »
Thanks for sharing, Glenn. He basically created zombies as we know them today -- and how to take them down ("If you have a gun, shoot 'em in the head.")
"You're dead, son.  Get yourself buried."
--J.J. Hunsecker

Gory Glenn

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 11:23:07 AM »
Thanks guys. Yes, a true icon of horror. He actually created a sub genre of horror. Not many can make that claim. And he had so many great movies besides his zombie films, Creepshow, The Crazies , Martin, Monkey Shines and so many others. It's a tremendous loss to the world of horror films to be sure and a was very sweet man by all accounts.