Author Topic: Trick or Treat Studios 2018 catalog cover  (Read 441 times)

Josh

Re: Trick or Treat Studios 2018 catalog cover
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2018, 05:18:17 PM »
I know some people will think its blasphemy, but that line up might be as good as a golden age DP catalog! That Choptop, Party Skeleton, Tarman, Phantom Creep, The new Iron Maiden masks! I can't wait for the Somewhere in Time and Aces High pieces. The Andre the Giant! ROCKY (Finally!). And all the great stuff from previous years thats still available. But...they have to ship out masks that look like the catalog photos. Gotta get the hair right on production copies.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 11:35:40 PM by Josh »

Gory Glenn

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2018, 07:17:44 PM »
I know some people will think its blasphemy, but that line up might be as good as a golden age DP catalog! That Choptop, Party Skeleton, Tarman, Phantom Creep, The new Iron Maiden masks! I can't wait for the Somewhere in Time and Ace High pieces. The Andre the Giant! ROCKY (Finally!). And all the great stuff from previous years thats still available. But...they have to ship out masks that look like the catalog photos. Gotta get the hair right on production copies.

Have no problem completely agreeing with you on all your points.

Doh!

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2018, 09:52:02 PM »
Too true. Theater Jack is the only one of theirs I'm disappointed with regarding the hair, but I know that Glenn had issues with their Deer Walker awhile back. Luckily, the sculpt and paint usually match the catalogue pictures.

Still, I'm quite pleased with the vast variety of their wares!
"You're dead, son.  Get yourself buried."
--J.J. Hunsecker

Kidagain

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2018, 08:26:59 AM »
TOTS is one of the best mask makers around for variety and price. Always fun to see what they come up with every year. Again a big shout out to Glenn.

Gory Glenn

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2018, 11:59:23 AM »
Too true. Theater Jack is the only one of theirs I'm disappointed with regarding the hair, but I know that Glenn had issues with their Deer Walker awhile back. Luckily, the sculpt and paint usually match the catalogue pictures.

Still, I'm quite pleased with the vast variety of their wares!

The issue with the Dear Walker was that the supplier ran out of the hair that ToTS was using so they went with a substitute that didn't look very good. However, their CEO Chris offered replacements to whomever wanted them when the regular hair became available. I've since gotten a replacement copy with the nice hair (for a zombie anyway  ;) ). They do have a disclaimer on their web site that addresses issues like this. So technically they weren't obligated to replace the masks but did anyway so a big thumbs up for that.

Please keep in mind that due to the hand made nature of the masks, variations in size, weathering, color and hair can exist and do not qualify as defects.

TOTS is one of the best mask makers around for variety and price. Always fun to see what they come up with every year. Again a big shout out to Glenn.

Agreed. Thanks Jeff, my pleasure.  :)

One last thing, I noticed this under their licenses list.

The Wolfman, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, and Phantom of the Opera - Chaney Entertainment

They do have the Chaney Entertainment license so where's Wolfman? Hopefully on the way but there is a hair nightmare if there ever was one unless they did a sculpted hair version but I think people would be disappointed if they went that route. Better to do a nice haired version and just charge more for it.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 12:20:33 PM by Gory Glenn »

Kidagain

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2018, 12:32:19 PM »
Hey,The Wolfman! Things are getting even better.I hope they don't do the hair like Forum did,too long and falling all over the face.Thanks Glenn,now only if...........

Doh!

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2018, 01:10:59 AM »
Put me down for a TOTS Wolf Man! Even though I wasn't a fan of the remake, I am disappointed that nice Rick Baker mask was never produced (to my knowledge). I only saw a molded hair one at the time.
--J.J. Hunsecker

Gory Glenn

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2018, 11:28:13 AM »
Put me down for a TOTS Wolf Man! Even though I wasn't a fan of the remake, I am disappointed that nice Rick Baker mask was never produced (to my knowledge). I only saw a molded hair one at the time.

While the 2010 Wolfman wasn't a great film I thought it was the closest Universal ever came to successfully making a modern film based on one of the classic monsters. I have that Rubies full head mask with the sculpted hair that was based on that film. Not a great mask but it does look like Benicio in make up. If ToTS made a Wolfman mask it would be the Chaney version, not the 2010 since it's Chaney Entertainment they have the rights to.

Kidagain

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2018, 03:25:58 PM »
Would love to see a 1941 Wolfman version with the shorter hair on face and head.

Doh!

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2018, 01:51:02 AM »
Oh, I'd prefer the Chaney version for sure! I'm just saying a Baker wouldn't have been so bad.
--J.J. Hunsecker

Gory Glenn

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2018, 11:35:08 AM »
Oh, I'd prefer the Chaney version for sure! I'm just saying a Baker wouldn't have been so bad.

I know you love your Chaney Wolfman Doh!  :)