Author Topic: Eric Austin appreciation thread (Fangs for the memories)  (Read 309 times)

Josh

Eric Austin appreciation thread (Fangs for the memories)
« on: January 08, 2018, 04:41:03 PM »
I'd hate to see this forum closed without taking a moment to thank the man that made it all happen. Lets raise a glass to Eric, who provided and maintained the best place to chat about Halloween masks on the web. This place was here for me when I needed it the most (lay offs, marriage falling apart, etc) and even when I was way to broke to actually acquire new pieces, I always loved reading the threads and seeing the pictures everyone posts. I was connected with other collectors, was introduced to stuff I would never have come across otherwise and generally had a great time. I'll join any Facebook group, follow any Instagram or Twitter. Where ever the masks are I'll be there. But there will never be another HMA!

prestonjjrtr

Re: Eric Austin appreciation thread (Fangs for the memories)
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 04:50:10 PM »
Here, here to a great and BEST mask group on the web and Eric Austin who made this all possible for so long.  Also lots and lots of thanks to all of the super wonderful contributors who have shared their wealth of knowledge with so many collectors for all of these years.  I will surely miss this site soooooooooooooo much !     

Kidagain

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 05:04:12 PM »
The closing of the HMA makes me feel so sad,after I retired in 2008 I started to play around on the computer looking up masks from my childhood in the 50s and 60s and after a while I stumbled across this website and much to my delight my mask search was over.Every day I would visit here and be amazed at the mask goodness that people would post  for all to enjoy.All of the masks that I had from my youth were long gone and fading from memory until this place brought them all back to me. I want to thank Eric and ALL of the fantastic mask collectors who took the time to show us their pieces and provide us with the background on them.I know that there are groups on Facebook but the HMA to me is and always will be THE place for your monster mask fix. Thank you Eric Austin.

Doh!

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 10:31:50 PM »
Cheers, everyone! Gonna miss this place.

"You're dead, son.  Get yourself buried."
--J.J. Hunsecker

vxx

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 02:03:56 PM »
 Thanks again to Eric for all his hard work over the years. FB is a poor substitution for the old forums IMHO.

maniac cop 5

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 07:14:29 PM »
Darrell, I completely agree with you but unfortunately we're in the minority these days.

Eric- thanks so much for this site, your efforts to run it, and what it did to bring so many of us together.
Because of my initially finding the HMA, I wound up making many dear friends and traveling across the country and making some great memories!

GeorgeL

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 10:12:59 AM »
facebook is a pile of $hit. If you all remember there wasnt even close to a 1/4 of the drama on this board compared to what you find on fb. IMO, FB invites lazy people into this hobby. This forum took energy and passion and that is why it was so good. I wish I had the time to setup a server and host a forum because I would absolutely do it. I'll miss this place dearly even though I havent been as active as I use to be. I had alot going on in my life the past couple years and as things are beginning to settle down I'd love to get back into commenting and posting here. As an original member of this place it breaks my heart to see it go. Been here since the www has gave birth to the HMA. Thanks for bringing us all together Eric!

FRANKENSTEIN

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2018, 08:10:57 PM »
Eric – Thank you for all you have done in creating the HMA. It will be sorely missed by all.  It has brought such happiness and knowledge to all of us mask enthusiasts.  I know it was a great deal of work and time in your life.  I have enjoyed this forum for many years now from its inception. I have learned so much about mask history and mask artists from all the fantastic posts and discussions.

The HMA has showcased many fantastic artists and provided us a chance to see their beautiful work. Even though I did not post very often – I would often check the forum and discussions all throughout the day. I will especially greatly miss all the informative posts by the legendary Maskahuna.

In closing thanks again Eric for all the years, fun, and escape you provided to all of us mask enthusiasts.  It has really meant a lot to us all!

Wishing you and your family a Happy and Healthy 2018! God’s Blessings!

FRANKENSTEIN – John McCarthy

« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 08:17:21 PM by FRANKENSTEIN »

palservy

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2018, 04:40:59 PM »
Thanks for the memories Eric! MaskFest is sure to bring many more!

Another Symbiote

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2018, 01:20:31 AM »
As far as I'm concerned, this will always be THE place for masks...and we owe it all to Eric. Hat's off to you, chief.