Author Topic: COLLECTION CORNER!!  (Read 11849 times)

Doh!

Re: COLLECTION CORNER!!
« Reply #390 on: February 22, 2018, 11:10:01 AM »
Ouch! I guess that answers my question. Too bad they didn't recreate it in vinyl.
"You're dead, son.  Get yourself buried."
--J.J. Hunsecker

Gory Glenn

« Reply #391 on: February 22, 2018, 12:13:03 PM »
Keep up the good work, jupiter!

Glenn, is the TOTS version somewhat small? I can wear my Skull--but just. Granted, I have a Bullwinkle-sized head (I literally take a 7 1/2 hat!).

I have a size 7 1/2 hat size too so it would be too small for me to wear. Even when I was stuffing it I had to be careful about the slit because the opening is small. Never really considered that issue since I only use it for display. There was a post on Amazon regarding this mask asking how long the slit is supposed to be. I told them about the "keyhole" at the end of the slit so if the slit goes beyond the keyhole you know it's been torn. They replied and said thanks for the info and confirmed that theirs had been torn beyond that point. So along with Kidagain's comment it sounds like this is an issue.

Doh!

« Reply #392 on: February 22, 2018, 10:17:35 PM »
I had a Batman cowl about 20 years ago that also ripped beyond its intended slit. It was a pretty good mask, too -- the back had a velcro closure. I did keep it long after it ripped, but never wore it again for fear of an even bigger rip.

For the Bullwinkle in all of us:

"You're dead, son.  Get yourself buried."
--J.J. Hunsecker

The Maskahuna

« Reply #393 on: February 23, 2018, 09:23:28 AM »

'Still my favorite version of this old 1927 movie character. You'd never believe it
considering the limited mask edition was produced in the mid '80s but I didn't
get a copy until ten years later.