Author Topic: Jaws Head Prop (Fixed the Images)  (Read 238 times)

Colbster

Jaws Head Prop (Fixed the Images)
« on: February 01, 2018, 04:27:21 PM »
Since TheHMA.net is still up past the deadline, Iím a bit hopeful. I keep checking back to make sure itís still here so I figured I should make a post.

Not sure if this is widely known here but I recently learned of this interesting info regarding a Cinema Secrets (CS) head prop that I just happened to have in my collection. Remember that jump scare scene in Jaws (1975) with Ben Gardnerís head floating out of the wreckage underwater? This CS head apparently have a lineage to the original head prop which no longer exists. The lips on the original head in the movie look to be different, I guess it could be due to it being foam latex which could be manipulated or it was retooled.

Universal Studios had gotten ahold of a copy of the original to use for display in the Universal Tour in the 1970s. Greg Nicotero owns/owned this head.

Looking through past eBay listings for this head, itís apparently sought after by Jaws fans wanting to modify it. See an example of a modified copy below.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 06:40:10 PM by Colbster »

Another Symbiote

Re: Jaws Head Prop (Fixed the Images)
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 08:51:44 PM »
That's a pretty awesome prop! Lineage aside, it just looks really cool as is. Cinema Secrets had a lot of great stuff in the 90's, and I find myself wondering what happened to a lot of those molds.

Doh!

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 10:00:20 PM »
Love it! Jaws is still one of my favorites.

PS We're still here?
"You're dead, son.  Get yourself buried."
--J.J. Hunsecker

Colbster

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 11:26:30 PM »
Still here! ;D
Thanks, guys.

I agree, itís a cool head prop as is. I bought it awhile back not knowing what it was just because I thought it was a good-looking prop. They did make awesome stuff back then, itís a shame they didnít keep up with their quality in the later years.

If EA decides to keep the forum, I would make more efforts to get on my computer to post more often rather than just lurking around on my iPhone.