Author Topic: The mask you'll never forgive yourself for missing  (Read 133 times)

Josh

The mask you'll never forgive yourself for missing
« on: February 02, 2018, 09:11:17 PM »

GeorgeL

Re: The mask you'll never forgive yourself for missing
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 10:06:55 PM »
I have a story that'll make you cry, i cant tell though cause i am not giving up and its still out there and whoever got it doesnt know what they have. i will get another chance one day.

Colbster

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 08:31:27 AM »
Years ago, David Ayresí old Elephant Man mask kept popping up on eBay and always went unsold. It was pretty cheap and I just never pulled the trigger. Wish I did!

Josh

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2018, 09:23:49 AM »
I also regrer not buying more Calendar Re-issues back, years ago in the early 2000's, when they were all under $100 each. I used to see Franks, Phantoms, Mutants go for around $80!

Colbster

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 09:47:41 AM »
Oh yeah, I was lucky to have gotten a set of 11 Calendar re-issues for $50 each. Missing a few but I doubt I will get the other version of Wolfman and Mutant because of their crazy prices nowadays.

Another Symbiote

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2018, 05:58:39 PM »
Quick story about the first time I saw what instantly became my favorite mask. So it's October of 1998, and it's another Saturday at Cherryvale Mall. I'm making the usual rounds, when I see this new place called Halloween Express(this was my first encounter with a pop-up store). They've got some awesome stuff, even rivaling the Spencer's on the second floor.

I'm checking out the masks, when I run across something that melts my 12 year-old brain...

...Frightmare. The coolest mask I've ever seen. On the way out of the mall, I told my mom about it and asked if I could get it on the next visit. She didn't shoot me down. We show up the following Saturday, and I'm brimming with excitement. I get there only to find out that it's gone...maximum disappointment. >:(

Mom suggests that I try to find something else. After some more browsing, something else caught my eye...

...A Don Post/Great CoverUp Witch. This is the one I took home with me. It ended up being a favorite of mine, and got some great reactions anytime I wore it trick or treating. All in all, a pretty happy ending.

Still need to pick up a Frightmare though.

Josh

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2018, 09:18:05 PM »
Oh yeah, I was lucky to have gotten a set of 11 Calendar re-issues for $50 each. Missing a few but I doubt I will get the other version of Wolfman and Mutant because of their crazy prices nowadays.

Smart move! Man, there for a while it seemed like you could but Calendar Re-Issues all day and never break $100 shipped. My Mutant was $83 shipped! Still have that, thankfully. But the others, including a perfect Strange I got for $85 are long gone.