Author Topic: TOTS vs Rubies  (Read 271 times)

Another Symbiote

TOTS vs Rubies
« on: February 11, 2018, 08:39:17 PM »
There was a recent announcement that TOTS got the Megadeth license, and will be making Vic Rattlehead masks. A victory for sure. Then I started to realize that bit-by-bit, TOTS has liberated a good number of licenses from the Rubies camp. Sure, there are still several in need of rescue...but I'm wondering how long it will be before TOTS gets those too? Is this an inevitability, or will Rubies tighten their kung fu deathgrip that much more? What are your thoughts on the subject?

Gory Glenn

Re: TOTS vs Rubies
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 11:36:10 AM »
ToTS vs Rubies? KO by ToTS for sure. I think that companies are starting to realize that ToTS is doing a much better job than Rubies with their properties. Rubies has been around forever but it's just a matter of time before their contracts expire. I won't be happy until ToTS get the Universal Monsters license from them. Can you imagine some of the Universal Monsters sculpted by Justin Mabry?! Would be awesome and then maybe we'll get our Glenn Strange...

Kidagain

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 04:59:14 PM »
When you wish upon a star. Isn't that what Jiminy Cricket said?

Another Symbiote

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 07:30:47 PM »
ToTS vs Rubies? KO by ToTS for sure. I think that companies are starting to realize that ToTS is doing a much better job than Rubies with their properties. Rubies has been around forever but it's just a matter of time before their contracts expire. I won't be happy until ToTS get the Universal Monsters license from them. Can you imagine some of the Universal Monsters sculpted by Justin Mabry?! Would be awesome and then maybe we'll get our Glenn Strange...

Man, I'd love to see what Mabry could do with some of the Universal monsters, with Glenn Strange Frank right at the top of the list. Even outside of that, I REALLY want a good mass-produced Freddy Krueger mask! We haven't had one since Don Post and Illusive Concepts took a crack at it. A Xenomorph and some Ghostbusters stuff would also be a much welcomed sight!

When you wish upon a star. Isn't that what Jiminy Cricket said?

Certainly did. I better get to wishin'!