Author Topic: Trick or Treat Studios 2019 Catalog  (Read 176 times)

Gory Glenn

Trick or Treat Studios 2019 Catalog
« on: January 21, 2019, 01:17:12 PM »
The 2019 Trick or Treat Studios catalog is out and as usual the amount of licensed product is staggering. If I never see another Michael Myers mask for the rest of my life it will be too soon but there is a ton of other amazing new masks and products coming out this year. One little thing to note is that on page 82 is some retro wall decor that includes some Universal Monsters. Could this be the beginning of ToTS getting the license to make some masks? Let's hope so.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0z7qu7p09h2v1s8/2019-catalog-download.pdf?dl=0

Kidagain

Re: Trick or Treat Studios 2019 Catalog
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 05:05:35 PM »
Agree with everything you said Glenn,lets hope ToTS does get the license to do a line of Universal masks and I'm sure you know what I want.I must say I'm not crazy about some of the Don Post child masks,don't like the look.Can't wait to see what they have in store for the Hammer license.

The Maskahuna

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 08:32:56 AM »
Wow, lots of great stuff in there. The "Walking Dead" masks are incredible. 'Glad to see my
old favorites back this year: "Funhouse" Gunther, Kong, Bubba the Scarecrow, Beast of
Blood (a GoryGlenn favorite too). What's going on with LeGendre though? (p.37) Hairwork
looked so much better in last year's catalogue. Yeah, I dig the wall decor although Frankenstein
is conspicuous by his absence. Does it say anywhere how big they are?

Doh!

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2019, 02:40:03 AM »
Well, I happen to like Mike Myers...

I'm most impressed by the ornaments, but would LOVE to see some Uni Monsters again!
"You're dead, son.  Get yourself buried."
--J.J. Hunsecker

Josh

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2019, 11:06:12 PM »
Great looking catalog as usual. Love the Evil Dead stuff, only the book and knife are new, but they are killing it with that series. I really like the ROTLD, but I think they all need repaint to really make them pop. That series looks pretty flat with the production paint jobs. The Creepshow pieces are awesome. I know its from last year, but Justin really crushed it with that Dead Nate. Glad to see a nice 2017 Pennywise, I'll get that for my son. Had to buy him the Rubies (I think) mask last year. Big surprise for me are those Eyes Wide Shut masks, not really something I expected to see. Have to get one in case I ever wrangle an invite to Bohemian Grove LOL. Not sure I can resist Roger the Dogman.

I guess they just gave up trying to hair the White Zombie mask like the old catalog photos and just replaced the photo with the crap hair job they have been shipping that  mask with. Surprised to see Kong in there, someone told me that license lapses, I guess not. Gorn mask is awesome, would love to build a costume around that. Iron Maiden masks all look great, probably will only buy Aces High and Book of Souls.

I was also shocked to see The Worst in there. I'd looked at the action figures several times but was never interested enough to buy them. I love that Batula and Robot Reaper. Cool to see Savini licensed masks, but I'm underwhelmed by the designs. seem a bit generic. I have no idea why anyone would buy a Death Studios mask from TOT, I can't imagine they will be the same quality as Jeff does. But anything that gets his work exposure is worth it I suppose.

I tried last year to get a Vertigo deluxe in time for Halloween, but no luck. I'll have to jump on it sooner this year. I love that mask.

Really good looking catalog. I just wish they could get them in stores. Spirits never has anything worth picking up.

Gory Glenn

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2019, 01:43:31 PM »
Here's a great video showing off the new stuff from ToTS.

Yeah, I dig the wall decor although Frankenstein is conspicuous by his absence. Does it say anywhere how big they are?

The first set is called Series 1 so I would expect Frankie to show up in Series 2? Around the 7:45 mark is the wall art and gives a good indication of the size.

Doh!

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2019, 10:29:57 PM »
Thanks for posting that, Glenn! Many impressive things on display. I only wish that the shots were held longer; I'm contemplating getting that Willie dummy from The Twilight Zone, but want a really good look at one first.
"You're dead, son.  Get yourself buried."
--J.J. Hunsecker